+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The simple reason for it all

Re: The simple reason for it all

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 22:27
    How about if we had kept OGS? Would we be where we are now or would his master plan work and with our huge squad we would be skating the league as other teams faltered under the strain of injuries, suspensions and small squads? We'll never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE DON wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 19:42
    If OLG had stayed we would probably be playing European football by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 16:00
    Under Malky we had some exciting performances ( Reading,Wolves come to mind) but he really locked down after losing 5-3 at Charlton especially away from home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivor Castle wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 15:52
    In the Premiership, we struggled to score which obviously put pressure on our defence but at least you could get behind the team who you knew would give everything and had a game plan. Was that really only last season !!!
    OLG and Slade have both been jokes as managers but appear to have had an eye for a half decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 07:17
    Sounds like the simple reason England kept going out of the World Cup. It's the manager who was wrong. Just keep trying different ones until it all magically works.
    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 04:44
    It's a combination of factors, not one simple reason. Not least the fact that the club is such a basketcase. Players might say their job is on the pitch and they ignore everything else etc etc but it's inevitable that after a while they're going to put less than maximum effort in. The unusually high number of players who agreed to have their contracts paid up suggests that it's not a great place to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 14:42
    A different manager with the best tactical nous in the world is not going to paper over the cracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 14:26
    Part of me agrees with the comments but take a look at WBA and Crystal Palace since the recent appointments.
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 06:15
    You may also include Forest ?
    I personally think thats why Malky was sacked, I have no reason to say that other than a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 22:27
    How about if we had kept OGS? Would we be where we are now or would his master plan work and with our huge squad we would be skating the league as other teams faltered under the strain of injuries, suspensions and small squads? We'll never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE DON wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 19:42
    If OLG had stayed we would probably be playing European football by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 16:00
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivor Castle wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 15:52
    If OGS had stayed I think we would be in more or less in the same position we are now. All purely guesswork obviously but I have seen no improvement since Slade has arrived. Both managers have different style but ultimately they are both out of their depth at this level. The major difference between to the two is their individual situations as it appears Slade has had a massively reduced budget to work with. I don't like the football played by either manager and for me they were both the wrong choice.
    B 2 B.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 08:16
    Sounds like the simple reason England kept going out of the World Cup. It's the manager who was wrong. Just keep trying different ones until it all magically works.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 07:17
    It's a combination of factors, not one simple reason. Not least the fact that the club is such a basketcase. Players might say their job is on the pitch and they ignore everything else etc etc but it's inevitable that after a while they're going to put less than maximum effort in. The unusually high number of players who agreed to have their contracts paid up suggests that it's not a great place to work.
    A different manager with the best tactical nous in the world is not going to paper over the cracks.
    Part of me agrees with the comments but take a look at WBA and Crystal Palace since the recent appointments.
    Maybe it is only a honeymoon period but City need that now or we will definitely be in a relegation scrap come March
    So much of what is wrong stems from Tan's attitude towards the football side of things. To be fair to him, it looks like he was right in his claims about how much was spent in the summer of 2013. Therefore, to a degree, I can understand his distrust of "football people", but it seems to me that he is going to have to find a football person with experience of looking at things from a business perspective as well to work with if he is to stand any chance of getting his loans repaid - it's only going to happen if we reach the Premier League and there's no way we're going to do that under the present set up.

Maybe a new coach will improve things with new ideas on the training ground and hopefully change the mind set of the players as I can't see the Manager doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 08:50
    Maybe it is only a honeymoon period but City need that now or we will definitely be in a relegation scrap come March
    I was up the other end of the pitch from Marshall so I can't see if it was done on purpose or not, but Whittingham passed the ball back to him from the half way line well into the second half and he smashed the ball out of play by some distance as it cleared the home dug out - there were so many miskicks, misplaced passes etc. that this might have just been another one, but although Marshall's kicking can be a bit dodgy at times, he doesn't usually get it wrong by so much.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 08:50
    Somehow I find that a little far fetched right at this moment.