+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Steve Strange

Re: RIP Steve Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 15:46
    He could sometimes be seen browsing and having a chat with the owner of the Paradise Garage shop (anyone remember that?) which was near to where the Philharmonic was, top end of St.Mary's Street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 03:01
    Also, a new Vennue opened above Nero's nightclub in the early 80's, it was called "The Fucnction Suite" - I think Steve Strange had some link to that set-up too.
    Grass roots is still open!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 09:19
    He could sometimes be seen browsing and having a chat with the owner of the Paradise Garage shop (anyone remember that?) which was near to where the Philharmonic was, top end of St.Mary's Street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 03:01
    Also, a new Vennue opened above Nero's nightclub in the early 80's, it was called "The Fucnction Suite" - I think Steve Strange had some link to that set-up too.
    bought my bondage trousers there when i was punk.

What ???

I thought it closed down in the early 80's.

Or has it been open all this time ?

What is it now - a "community funded" place or a privately-owned business ? Still have bands ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 15:55
    What ???
    http://www.grassrootscardiff.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 15:55
    What ???
    [IMG]http://www.grassrootscardiff.com/graphics/FRONTMIX*.jpg[/IMG]

First Team

I bought a pair of pink bondage trousers from Paradise Garage.
    Arguably, despite some tough competition, one of the more stupid looks I dabbled with in my youth along with my Kevin Keegan style perm.
    RIP Steve Strange though. He was an innovator and there are not that many around.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 12:25
    PL also ran that little venue somewhere around Queen Street and Churchill Way. The Stone Roses played there. What was it called?
    Missed the Roses there but saw some really good bands.