+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it "MY" club?

Is it "MY" club?

I have been giving the club my money on a regular basis since the early 60's and I consider myself to be as staunch a supporter as most.

However, I continually read that some fans, high profile and others, are demanding to know the ins and outs of the club's finances. Not only that, they feel that they have an absolute right to such information. They make these comments as if they will be personally responsible for any residual debt that the club might have if Tan leaves. In the many dark days that I have witnessed I have never felt that one day I would get a knock on the door from someone collecting money to pay the clubs debts

My dilemma is that despite my "status" as a long standing supporter, I don't feel that I have any rights regarding the club. Can someone enlighten me as to why others do.

Re: Is it "MY" club?

Ego

Supporters have no right to know even though I can understand its annoying being lied to by owners (debt to equity).

Some fans think they are superior to others, some feel important if they are privvy to inside information.

Its all part of a shallow existance really.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Fri[b
    [/b], 13 February 2015 20:02]Supporters have no right to know even though I can understand its annoying being lied to by owners (debt to equity).

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Frog wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 19:50
    Ego
    And the need to feed their followers with 'inside info'. The internet has a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemellons wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 20:29
    Ego
    And the need to feed their followers with 'inside info'. The internet has a lot to answer for.
    The Internet is merely a medium. No doubt people once blamed the telephone and telegram as sources of gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 19:47
    I have been giving the club my money on a regular basis since the early 60's and I consider myself to be as staunch a supporter as most.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 20:39
    However, I continually read that some fans, high profile and others, are demanding to know the ins and outs of the club's finances. Not only that, they feel that they have an absolute right to such information. They make these comments as if they will be personally responsible for any residual debt that the club might have if Tan leaves. In the many dark days that I have witnessed I have never felt that one day I would get a knock on the door from someone collecting money to pay the clubs debts
    Our club is one that, despite the debt that is both our biggest issue and the cause of most of our others, decided it would be a good idea to pay J. Anonymous the agent for dirt on Malky. Someone has to keep an eye on things and if that is the fans then so be it. We are not a normal club where we can trust the owners.

I buy a lottery ticket every week but I haven't got a right to win unfortunately so the same goes for my season ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 20:34
    Ego
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemellons wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 20:29
    The Internet is merely a medium. No doubt people once blamed the telephone and telegram as sources of gossip.
    Or even The Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 20:39
    Bring back Fred Dewey !