+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All religion is nonsense

All religion is nonsense

I respect peoples right to waste quality boffing time in church , chapel or temple .....but its all cobblers

I have no idea if there is a higher being but given the amount of doobie I have smoked, satanic black metal I listen to and the hundreds of women I have satisfied I reckon I am going straight to hell , should such a place exist

Has anyone ever read the bible ?

Its potty

I even found the short version off its cake

I know a bloke of my age who goes to bible study classes !! He's a decent enough fella but bring up rogering tales of days gone by and he puts his hands over his ears

That's religion for you....no boffing

Re: All religion is nonsense

However nutty, most religions are tolerant of others, seeing the news this morning, 21 Christians beheaded. (as we know, this is not an isolated incident) ISLAM seems intolerant of any religion other than its own, although christened a catholic, I'm pretty well non religious although a firm believer that Jesus Christ existed, just not in the way portrayed in the bible.

Religion is comforting for many especially the elderly, who are left without family.

33 years ago I was told by my priest that in his eyes (the eyes of the church), I wasn't even married and that to have my daughter christened, it would be required that I re-marry in a catholic church, that was the beginning of the end for me with religion. what nonsense!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 08:14
    However nutty, most religions are tolerant of others, seeing the news this morning, 21 Christians beheaded. (as we know, this is not an isolated incident) ISLAM seems intolerant of any religion other than its own, although christened a catholic, I'm pretty well non religious although a firm believer that Jesus Christ existed, just not in the way portrayed in the bible.
    And how do you think the Christian religion was spread around the globe (only to be ignored over time in most areas of the world). Yep be per tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 08:25
    Religion is comforting for many especially the elderly, who are left without family.
    http://www.salon.com/2013/08/03/the_10_worst_examples_of_chr istian_or_far_right_terrorism_partner/

Can't think for yourself? Want to believe in a construct devised by primitive man so they could make sense of their environment? Want to eat flesh and drink blood, albeit symbolically? Want to have a reason to get up on a Sunday morning or face in a certain direction five times a day? Want to extract locality, wealth and power through fear and playing on emotions? Want to fight everyone that has a different way of praying to your personal version of a sky god?

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:10

Re Jesus Christ, you've got a more reliable source than the Bible?

Probabilities are that he's a paedophile. ..ignore the ****and do what you want.. it's your life,you only get one!
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 11:29
    No, but the original manuscripts which made up the Bible have a lot of contradictory accounts which suit the respective agendas of the various authors. The authors of the gospels didn't write them until half a century after Jesus's death and they are written to suit the later time. During Jesus's life, the Saducees were of much greater influence than the Pharisees yet it tis the Pharisees who take centre stage in much of the gospel stories because they were more prominent at the time the gospels were written. It is also clear that during Jesus's ministry, he was not concerned with converting gentiles, merely Jews, but at the time of Paul's writings, the early Christian church had begun to expand to gentiles and this is reflected in Acts. Earlier manuscripts of the gospels blame Jesus's arrest and execution firmly at the hands of the Romans, not the Jews, but later amendments introduce Pilate 'washing his hands' as a way of diverting the blame from the Roman gentiles, many of whom were beginning at this stage to convert to Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 06:52
    I respect peoples right to waste quality boffing time in church , chapel or temple .....but its all cobblers
    I always had you down as an avid reader of the holy Kerrang.

How about the accounts of Krishna, Horus, Greek Mithras - etc the earlier works that Bible / Christ myths were based upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 12:11
    I have no idea if there is a higher being but given the amount of doobie I have smoked, satanic black metal I listen to and the hundreds of women I have satisfied I reckon I am going straight to hell , should such a place exist

Sludge - Have you ever thought of forming your own cult ?

based on the religious teachings of Sabbath and Maiden - I could knock out a few cartoon logo's for you - as long as you supply the virgins....

ALL religion is just mind control of the masses - just like the Americans did with mortgages for the less affluent - keep them busy working to pay their mortgage - and they'll never go on strike again.

I feel religion is more about fear of death than anything else.
    However a poster above mentioned Islam as intolerant of other religions. This is not the case , in fact in times of the Crusades it was tolerant of all religions. I am afraid it was the Christian Crusaders who were intolerant. Christians have a habit of this since they evolved in Pagan times.
    Extremists have hijacked Islam for their own ends.

Whilst I'm not going to have a 5 pager with you, I cannot take the bible seriously for certain parts of it, the Resurrection & the Sea of Galilee parting being two examples, I respect your right to believe that Jesus rose from the dead and that he fed 5,000 with a couple of fish and some bread

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 13:07
    History may prove you to be correct on this Mick, currently the ISIS take on it, which is not the majority, is that, ISLAM cannot live side by side to other religion's faiths, your point regarding extremists is noted.

The uneducated masses that populate most the desolate wastelands in the world need something to believe in, why else would they bother living?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 12:11
    The hit squad is on the way.

No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Wilsons Nose wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 13:48
    The uneducated masses that populate most the desolate wastelands in the world need something to believe in, why else would they bother living?
    The jacks as they are better known around these parts.

You do realise that the crusades were a direct response to Islam's expansion (by violent means)? Do you also realise that the Koran justifies pretty much everything that ISIS does?

Quote Originally Posted by PugFugly wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:00
    However a poster above mentioned Islam as intolerant of other religions. This is not the case , in fact in times of the Crusades it was tolerant of all religions. I am afraid it was the Christian Crusaders who were intolerant. Christians have a habit of this since they evolved in Pagan times.
    This will not sit well with you I would imagine as an apparent Islamaphobe.