+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All religion is nonsense

Re: All religion is nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 14:33
    No comment.
    Not even 'Dogma'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 16:06
    No comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 14:33
    Not even 'Dogma'?
    Not even a hair of the dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by PugFugly wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:00
    I feel religion is more about fear of death than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 13:07
    However a poster above mentioned Islam as intolerant of other religions. This is not the case , in fact in times of the Crusades it was tolerant of all religions. I am afraid it was the Christian Crusaders who were intolerant. Christians have a habit of this since they evolved in Pagan times.
    The Koran is far less violent than the Old Testament.

Permission to post a jokey cartoon on here of Mohammed floating down from a tree or eating a bacon sarnie....

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 11:29
    However nutty, most religions are tolerant of others, seeing the news this morning, 21 Christians beheaded. (as we know, this is not an isolated incident) ISLAM seems intolerant of any religion other than its own, although christened a catholic, I'm pretty well non religious although a firm believer that Jesus Christ existed, just not in the way portrayed in the bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 08:14
    Religion is comforting for many especially the elderly, who are left without family.
    we have done and dusted this

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 20:27
    Permission to post a jokey cartoon on here of Mohammed floating down from a tree or eating a bacon sarnie....
    Usual suspects would be out united in their condemnation, not allowed see butt.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 20:52
    However nutty, most religions are tolerant of others, seeing the news this morning, 21 Christians beheaded. (as we know, this is not an isolated incident) ISLAM seems intolerant of any religion other than its own, although christened a catholic, I'm pretty well non religious although a firm believer that Jesus Christ existed, just not in the way portrayed in the bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 11:29
    Religion is comforting for many especially the elderly, who are left without family.
    Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 08:14
    33 years ago I was told by my priest that in his eyes (the eyes of the church), I wasn't even married and that to have my daughter christened, it would be required that I re-marry in a catholic church, that was the beginning of the end for me with religion. what nonsense!!!
    Be more respectful to truthpaste than that but let truthpaste know that if he wants to argue his case, he needs to do so from the same basis as his interlocutors and attempt to use reason. I could argue that wolves can speak because I read it in Little Red Riding Hood. This is equally valid to claiming that snakes can speak because it says so in Genesis. If God is omnipotent then he should be able to give truthpaste the tools to argue his case without relying on a document which is not universally agreed to be valid.

Religion can be defined as this

"The day the first salesman met the first fool."

There should be a new bible written - based on what we actually know - Dr Brian Cox can write it - about the earth, it's known place in the solar system, how nature actually works.

Religion is nothing other than humans not being able to comprehend - space, the known universe etc.