+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I've always liked progressive, passing football."

"I've always liked progressive, passing football."

So says new head coach Paul Trollope in this piece

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wh at-can-cardiff-city-expect-8651256?

Good article that - will he have to compromise his values at Cardiff I wonder?

Re: "I've always liked progressive, passing football."

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 07:35
    So says new head coach Paul Trollope in this piece
    He going to have to compromise his value. The players we have cant pass piss without it hitting the floor.

I think there is a major shift likely to take place.

Paul will be privately appalled by the way we play.

I don't like the stick that the players are getting when they have proven to be decent players in a different system and under a different football philosophy.

They haven't turned into bad footballers overnight and ca hopefully be reignited by a better philosophy and coaching that Paul will bring.

I do wonder though how Paul will cope with the 'LAUNCH IT' style of Slade and Young.

Interesting to see if his philosophy wins out. I hope so and I hope it is at the expense of Slade and Youngs future at the club.

You would like to think that he has been interviewed for the role with input from the manager, so he can train the first team in a style that the footballing management team wants the team to play in the future.

I would hope that this is the first in a series of appointments that strengthens the footballing management side of things at the club and removes the continuous cycle of upheaval at the club we have seen over the past few years.

The players we have cant pass piss without it hitting the floor.[/quote]

Think that is more to do with gravity

But I get what you are trying to say

B 2 B.

Another that has been judged before a ball has been kicked if you look at the comments below the article!

Thing is, Leyton Orient were a passing, attacking side in League One.

I'm confused why Slade would change his approach so dramatically.

Judging by the comments under the article Cardiff City fans have decided we want 6 more months of pain. Although Slade hasn't delivered did anyone actually give him a chance? "I'm not impressed but will give him a chance" was about as positive as it got, and that was just a few.

Considering whether these players have turned bad overnight or not, they haven't. They have been bad for over a year now. Of course that doesn't fit into your anti Slade/Young message...

Trollope sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 09:51
    Judging by the comments under the article Cardiff City fans have decided we want 6 more months of pain. Although Slade hasn't delivered did anyone actually give him a chance? "I'm not impressed but will give him a chance" was about as positive as it got, and that was just a few.
    Players, Managers and football clubs are only as good as the system that surrounds them.

Slade and Trollope will be heading for a big showdown if you ask me.

And what a pity that Slade has already got rid of any players who could pass the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:05
    As is being said this style of football doesnt match up to the football Slade has served up at his other clubs, Slade has mentioned he is not a training ground manager.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:08
    And what a pity that Slade has already got rid of any players who could pass the ball.
    He doesn't do a lot then does he?

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:10
    I disagree, i think a little too much has been made of the appointment, its only a coaching position, Trollope like any other coaches has worked under managers before.
    However if the football structure that he manages is weak, then failure is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:01
    Considering whether these players have turned bad overnight or not, they haven't. They have been bad for over a year now. Of course that doesn't fit into your anti Slade/Young message...
    What is encouraging is that if Paul Trollope is as good as his word and tries to implement his ideas into the way the first team plays then we will be back to a situation where all Cardiff sides will play in the same, or pretty similar, ways - that's not being happening lately.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:13
    I disagree, i think a little too much has been made of the appointment, its only a coaching position, Trollope like any other coaches has worked under managers before.
    As is being said this style of football doesnt match up to the football Slade has served up at his other clubs, Slade has mentioned he is not a training ground manager.
    Most good managers I know of take the training themselves and have the respect of the players. These executive type managers you mention are redundant when it comes to football IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:19
    Slade is saying that Trollope is his signing and it has not been forced upon him. He didn't take this post in a position of strength and maybe it is only now that he is being allowed to strengthen the coaching structure.

Football manager frwiend.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:17
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:01
    Trollope sounds promising.
    That level of consistency has certainly not been in place with regards to the first team.

Ferguson? I thought it was well documented that he didnt really do any coaching at United.

Which good managers are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:46
    Its the common misconception of how a football manager works.
    The good ones

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:58
    Every manager will have scouts, coaches and a CEO to broker transfers for him, his major role is to manage the structure and be responsible for the selection and fortunes of the first team.
    You said you are a former schoolboy international and League of Wales player, so how did training work for those?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 11:10
    Every manager will have scouts, coaches and a CEO to broker transfers for him, his major role is to manage the structure and be responsible for the selection and fortunes of the first team.
    However if the football structure that he manages is weak, then failure is inevitable.
    It was quite simple really. We were managed by people who had played at a higher level than us. We respected their experience and we did what they asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 11:15
    Most good managers I know of take the training themselves and have the respect of the players. These executive type managers you mention are redundant when it comes to football IMO.
    Only Manuel Pellegrini players at an international level for Chile, pretty much all of the players at these teams are playing at a higher level than their managers have ever achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 11:28
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 11:15
    Which good managers are you referring to?
    I was asked about my own particular experience and now you are twisting it! Most of these who you mention have played professional football, and on the rare occasion that they haven't then they have to be exceptional with no margin for error. They will lose the support of the players far quicker.