+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "I've always liked progressive, passing football."

Re: "I've always liked progressive, passing football."

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:01
    Judging by the comments under the article Cardiff City fans have decided we want 6 more months of pain. Although Slade hasn't delivered did anyone actually give him a chance? "I'm not impressed but will give him a chance" was about as positive as it got, and that was just a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 09:51
    Considering whether these players have turned bad overnight or not, they haven't. They have been bad for over a year now. Of course that doesn't fit into your anti Slade/Young message...
    Malky/Moody would not have signed half the players if they had been working at Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 11:59
    Judging by the comments under the article Cardiff City fans have decided we want 6 more months of pain. Although Slade hasn't delivered did anyone actually give him a chance? "I'm not impressed but will give him a chance" was about as positive as it got, and that was just a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 10:01
    Considering whether these players have turned bad overnight or not, they haven't. They have been bad for over a year now. Of course that doesn't fit into your anti Slade/Young message...
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 09:51
    Trollope sounds promising.
    I'm not suggesting that the football structure was great under MM however it was the best structure we have had in place in recent history.

On the surface at least, this appears to suggest that Scott Young's days as part of the match day set up are coming to an end. He's unfortunately been exposed as being completely out of his depth and should have stayed in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:08
    On the surface at least, this appears to suggest that Scott Young's days as part of the match day set up are coming to an end. He's unfortunately been exposed as being completely out of his depth and should have stayed in the background.
    A backward step, with time to learn and maybe come to the fore in the future when he has worked under people with more experience in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:15
    I don't think you can blame the individual in this case. I don't think you have to go that far back in time where fans were crying out for someone to be involved with "passion" and a "love for the club". There is no doubt that Young has those qualities.
    A diplomatic way of agreeing that he's 'currently' inept

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:23
    I don't think you can blame the individual in this case. I don't think you have to go that far back in time where fans were crying out for someone to be involved with "passion" and a "love for the club". There is no doubt that Young has those qualities.
    There is no real problem in having a character of Young around the club, the only real issue is that he was moved into a position where he had no real experience to deal with.
    It smacks a little of hysteria. I struggle to see why there is so much vitriol aimed at someone like Scott. There is certainly a decent argument for having former players within the structure of a club.

So what's your opinion on why Trollope has been appointed?

There is no real problem in having a character of Young around the club, the only real issue is that he was moved into a position where he had no real experience to deal with.
    What does Scott Young do if he's not coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:57
    So what's your opinion on why Trollope has been appointed?
    It has been said that he will be working alongside James Rowberry and in the statement Scott Young is not mentioned at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:57
    A backward step, with time to learn and maybe come to the fore in the future when he has worked under people with more experience in the game.
    In most aspects the manager is just the focal point of lots of people doing lots of work, and like all jobs if your staff is struggling then the manager will struggle also.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 16:07
    But Scott Young is apparently not a coach, so what do you think his role is? It felt like a pretty straightforward question from Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 16:16
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 16:07
    Does anyone really understand what the different members of the Management Team do at CCFC? I'm genuinely confused.
    Its pretty much covered by the statement that fans don't really know what individual coaches or members of staff are doing in their daily routines, it would be impossible for me to suggest what job he is doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 16:21
    Its pretty much covered by the statement that fans don't really know what individual coaches or members of staff are doing in their daily routines, it would be impossible for me to suggest what job he is doing here.
    How could we possibly know when they don't even know what they are doing