+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six Nations

Re: Six Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Flashman wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:04
    The difference for me though is the game in the seventies was a more enjoyable spectacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 14:48
    I'd rather watch the likes of Phil Bennett than any modern day outside half.
    Debatable

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:04
    The difference for me though is the game in the seventies was a more enjoyable spectacle.
    If only we had a TMO.

I know of a bloke who was taking hgh (human growth hormone) and not only did he get huge muscles, his head, hands and feet grew too, he now has size 15 feet!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:02
    Is his knob big too?
    It shrunk funnily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:04
    From what I can gather there is a considerable amount of supplement abuse in the junior game.
    I think the rfu dropped creatine from their programme a few years back because of health concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:05
    I know of a bloke who was taking hgh (human growth hormone) and not only did he get huge muscles, his head, hands and feet grew too, he now has size 15 feet!!
    Is his knob big too?
    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:02
    It shrunk funnily enough.
    Sod that then. I don't have enough room to play with in that department.

First Team

I think that you are correct, it was about 3 years ago.
    Up until then Wasps were actually sponsored by a creatine company.
    However, it remains off the banned list as far as I am aware which bearing in mind the claimed side effects is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:04
    From what I can gather there is a considerable amount of supplement abuse in the junior game.
    Doping is seen as such a taboo in British sport that I am sceptical that any of our top athletes cheat but if they're doing so at youth levels then it's possible they're benefiting from the cheating now.

First Team

I didn't see that ,do you have a link by any chance?
    I am probably much like yourself in that I believe that the vast majority of UK athletes are now clean at the top level mainly due to the improvements in testing especially out of season and the unannounced visits.
    There have been a few well publicised exceptions in recent years but based on my limited knowledge they are few and far between.
    Hard to believe now ,but at schools age I was at national squad level and therefore subject to testing and education. It seemed to me that the expectation was that certain people were 'juiced' and at meets if anyone turned up with acne on their back or yellowed eyeballs I knew that I was getting no where near the podium that day.
    Although my involvement within sport is limited these days from what I see and hear very few people are even under suspicion as the supervision is far stricter.i especially like the averaged performance stats they use where any short term extravagant improvements are flagged up and fully investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:25
    I didn't see that ,do you have a link by any chance?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/29510575

First Team

Thanks, thought provoking stuff.

I do agree flair was the key then ,now its power and tactics that creates tense games like this , I was attempting to highlight the commitment of the players as dedicated athletes to that of footballers , like most sports flair and risk are now given up , for the safe commercial result hence the need to edge on caution not to lose at any cost , even if it results in negativity .

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone Red wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:46

i watched 20 minutes of that wales england game and all i saw was aimless kicks into the air back and forth. a bit like city but with blokes that like to drink pints through each others arseholes instead