+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea in Paris...

Re: Chelsea in Paris...

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 12:29
    They have never got over the leathering our youngsters gave them on the kings road poor things
    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 11:27
    They also got leathered in Cardiff last season by City youngsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 10:07
    I watched the Wales v England game in a very packed pub in London the other week. It was like being on a packed terrace. I imagine that a safety inspector would have closed the place in seconds had he seen it. There was no way to get to the bar - you had to pass cash to the people stood there, shout your order over and wait for the drinks to come back. Sounds awful, but it was actually quite good fun.
    But whilst we're on the subject, I remember when my cousin and I were sixteen, walking into a pub full of West Ham fans, and giving their finest a right battering.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 14:27
    They have never got over the leathering our youngsters gave them on the kings road poor things
    I watched the Wales v England game in a very packed pub in London the other week. It was like being on a packed terrace. I imagine that a safety inspector would have closed the place in seconds had he seen it. There was no way to get to the bar - you had to pass cash to the people stood there, shout your order over and wait for the drinks to come back. Sounds awful, but it was actually quite good fun.
    Anyway, the point is that you ended up bantering with your neighbours a fair bit. I had a top-heavy secretary on one side who told me that anything of any value was kept in her bra so if I planned to nick anything it wasn't her handbag that I should have a fish around in; and a mouthy cockney Chelsea fan on the other side. When he realised I was Welsh (it took him about an hour), his attitude changed a bit from jokey banter to "if you win we are going to have a fight. I actually mean it". He was full of it - that he was a Chelsea fan and fed up of people like me in his area and not supporting England (we were south of the river, but never mind). It was getting really quite irritating, and increasingly aggressive. And then, just before the end of the game he learned that I was a Cardiff fan. His face dropped. He was bricking it- he apologised profusely, wished me luck for the rest of the season and left. It was ridiculous. He just assumed that I would deck him because I supported Cardiff. They must be absolutely terrified of us, the poor sods.
    I think you misunderstand what I'm saying.

When he realised I was Welsh (it took him about an hour), his attitude changed a bit from jokey banter to "if you win we are going to have a fight. I actually mean it". He was full of it - that he was a Chelsea fan and fed up of people like me in his area and not supporting England (we were south of the river, but never mind). It was getting really quite irritating, and increasingly aggressive. And then, just before the end of the game he learned that I was a Cardiff fan. His face dropped. He was bricking it- he apologised profusely, wished me luck for the rest of the season and left. It was ridiculous. He just assumed that I would deck him because I supported Cardiff. They must be absolutely terrified of us, the poor sods.
    they saved you from a beating

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 14:08
    Pretty distasteful and embarrassing stuff. We can debate whether songs are offensive, or dangerous or whatever, but physically not letting someone on a bus/train is completely unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 13:57
    Anyone expressing outrage at the state of modern society / football fans however, should reign it in; we are seeing this, not because it's common, but because a very large proportion of the population now carry around video recording equipment at all times.
    Some people are so blinkered they just cannot see the big picture "

Pretty distasteful and embarrassing stuff. We can debate whether songs are offensive, or dangerous or whatever, but physically not letting someone on a bus/train is completely unacceptable.
    Your last paragraph is irrelevant isn't it, what has that got to do with anything ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 15:03
    Anyone expressing outrage at the state of modern society / football fans however, should reign it in; we are seeing this, not because it's common, but because a very large proportion of the population now carry around video recording equipment at all times.
    Guy was looking for bother.
    WTF

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 16:40
    Why didn't he try another door instead of making a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 16:43
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 16:40
    funny enough i was going to type
    Appologies

The guy trying to get on the train was possibly visiting from far away and unaware of the health and safety restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 16:55
    Just not worth the risk

The guy trying to get on the train was possibly visiting from far away and unaware of the health and safety restrictions.
    Far-away-ist, Reported

Don't believe the hype and the bullshit in books like Soul Crew, back in the day Cardiff regularly took a beating by London clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds over....... wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 17:43
    Anyway, the point is that you ended up bantering with your neighbours a fair bit. I had a top-heavy secretary on one side who told me that anything of any value was kept in her bra so if I planned to nick anything it wasn't her handbag that I should have a fish around in; and a mouthy cockney Chelsea fan on the other side. When he realised I was Welsh (it took him about an hour), his attitude changed a bit from jokey banter to "if you win we are going to have a fight. I actually mean it". He was full of it - that he was a Chelsea fan and fed up of people like me in his area and not supporting England (we were south of the river, but never mind). It was getting really quite irritating, and increasingly aggressive. And then, just before the end of the game he learned that I was a Cardiff fan. His face dropped. He was bricking it- he apologised profusely, wished me luck for the rest of the season and left. It was ridiculous. He just assumed that I would deck him because I supported Cardiff. They must be absolutely terrified of us, the poor sods.
    I don't believe it. It would seem, however, that the pillock stood next to me in the pub did. One minute he was trying to intimidate a harmless-looking accountant. Then he overheard my mate asking about football on the weekend and realised I supported Cardiff. He took this to mean I was some sort of lunatic that would batter him.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 17:08
    I love the way that to counter racism we use a national stereotype

Embarrassing more than anything. If the club can find them then great but it annoys me how these things become racist Chelsea fans rather than just racists as to be fair they aren't exactly representing Chelsea and I'm sure they don't just turn into racists on public transport after an away match.

I have a feeling any male between 16-70 wouldn't have been allowed on by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 19:03
    Embarrassing more than anything. If the club can find them then great but it annoys me how these things become racist Chelsea fans rather than just racists as to be fair they aren't exactly representing Chelsea and I'm sure they don't just turn into racists on public transport after an away match.
    They've already been named on Facebook etc

That Chelsea fan who was on the news earlier defending them by saying that he never heard any racist chants on the train is just as bad as them. It wouldn't surprise me if he was one of their mates and he's trying to play things down.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Frog wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 18:52
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 17:08
    " the carriage was full, the chelsea fans knowing this, just didnt want him with them as it would have been dangerous to have overloaded the carriage, The guy at the front was just doing his best in the name of H&S
    Oh and to be fair to me, i didnt even mention snails

Croesy has a rep as a Chelsea fan.

Was he in Paris which is why his wife had to do the post for him ?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 09:56
    [
    I can imagine someone, somewhere, with some bad experiences, might be writing the same words about City fans.

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 20:40
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 09:56
    Disgustingly horrible Club and stinking fat chavvy fans.
    I mean 'soul crew' c'mon it speak volumes of a positive action policy which needs to be applauded.

Will the moderate Chelsea fans openly condemn the extremists?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Thu, 19 February 2015 08:04
    Yeah they should apologies for them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Thu, 19 February 2015 09:40
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Thu, 19 February 2015 08:04
    Yeah they should apologies for them.....
    If they don't speak out they are part of the problem, like Cameron said.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 19:03
    Hang on mate, lets cut out the talking sense. FFS we wont have any hand wringing around here shortly.