+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lowest league crowd at the CCS for almost 5 years

Re: Lowest league crowd at the CCS for almost 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Harley wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 19:07
    It was a lower than normal crowd but a better atmosphere without the boo boys turning up
    You mean Pug wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 19:11
    It was a lower than normal crowd but a better atmosphere without the boo boys turning up
    You have a valid point there
    My thoughts also

AND?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 19:23
    Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 19:11
    You have a valid point there
    My thoughts also
    The atmosphere was better because the football was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 11:47
    After attending the Derby game I thought I might fancy another game soon, but apart from having a good day out with some old mates the thought of going back again to a game hasn't really appealed yet.
    You going to Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by Squashed Grapes wrote on Thu, 19 February 2015 09:42
    After attending the Derby game I thought I might fancy another game soon, but apart from having a good day out with some old mates the thought of going back again to a game hasn't really appealed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 11:47
    The club will have to work very very hard to retain and "recruit".
    No mate. Bosnia probably my next one for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Wining wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 21:39
    AND?
    What have you done with all that red gear of yours, Andrew? Binned it yet or boxed it and put it in the attic?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 12:39
    I dont mind if they try - but fail
    But what if they are trying, but it just appears that their not?

Remarkably there was some booing in the Canton stand after the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Thu, 19 February 2015 11:58
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed Grapes wrote on Thu, 19 February 2015 09:42
    The club will have to work very very hard to retain and "recruit".
    You going to Israel?

I am worried by this thread. If the TLG is starting to express the same opinions as me and gets the Fans Trust mob disagreeing with him then the world of Cardiff City is really upside down.

I always felt the return to blue would achieve nothing other than alienate the clubs owner and lead to him taking his ball home. Once we started selling players and getting crap replacements we were doomed to a return to 2004-5 style dirge. The fans would stayaway and blue would not matter.

Tan needed Pulis to get the team united and committed not Slade who still lacks any clue.
    The departure of players was essential with either Pulis or Slade as a squad of 30 was never going to work. Cost cutting starting in September was just the loss of the dross .....the serious departures were much later when Tan had given up on the club and its lemming like fans.
    Back to blue has been an epic failure and season ticket renewals will show that.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 12:13
    I am worried by this thread. If the TLG is starting to express the same opinions as me and gets the Fans Trust mob disagreeing with him then the world of Cardiff City is really upside down.
    I'm happy to see a return to 'relatively' realistic spending as I hope it makes us address the whole playing structure at the club with the ultimate aim to provide strong enough foundations to compete properly IF we ever get promoted again.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 12:30
    I always felt the return to blue would achieve nothing other than alienate the clubs owner and lead to him taking his ball home. Once we started selling players and getting crap replacements we were doomed to a return to 2004-5 style dirge. The fans would stayaway and blue would not matter.
    Agree with this. I wouldn't be renewing if we didn't return to blue, Sid Hopper is talking rubbish about the rebrand reversal being a failure. To me, I'm more than happy on how this season has panned out, now we're back to blue.

Back to blue just called some of our fans bluff...

Now it's the quality of the football or how inept the manager is.

We are a 10k ~ 12k with the potential for another 10K if we are doing well, with another 5K premier league tourists.

Tan is right, if the product is right then the fans will come whatever the colour of the shirt....

Just keep a foot in the reality all around you eh? and stop bowing, scraping and bending over for the money man, and posting your sorry excuses as to why you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:02
    Sadly, I think I have to agree with this. I was expecting the attendance to be at least 25k for the Fulham game but nothing has materialised from the return to blue of any significance. Having said that, I think the rebrand did suck the life out of so many people and, by the time we returned to blue, it was too late for many who had happily adapted to new weekend routines.

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:14
    Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:02
    Now it's the quality of the football or how inept the manager is.
    Be patient, IF we have started to learn how to play again then the fans will be back...

18,000 season ticket renewals in red and all you can come up with is desperate claims that its nothing to do with blue the fact that thousands are turning their back on Cardiff yet 3 months ago you were spouting off about how it will all be fine if we change to blue and thousands will return. Bit like the Trust board member who claimed there would be the biggest party Cardiff had ever seen when Tan agreed to return to blue.... against Fulham and 200 extra fans turned up .(after allowing for all the seeason ticket holders that get counted anyway). So 200 fans extra for one game and now we are getting our lowest crowds in 5 years.
    Deluded nonsense and now all fans are seeing it for what it was and staying away in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:23
    18,000 season ticket renewals in red and all you can come up with is desperate claims that its nothing to do with blue the fact that thousands are turning their back on Cardiff yet 3 months ago you were spouting off about how it will all be fine if we change to blue and thousands will return. Bit like the Trust board member who claimed there would be the biggest party Cardiff had ever seen when Tan agreed to return to blue.... against Fulham and 200 extra fans turned up .(after allowing for all the seeason ticket holders that get counted anyway). So 200 fans extra for one game and now we are getting our lowest crowds in 5 years.
    I've just realised who you are. Sorry I wasted my time replying to you now. Carry on with using your one brain cell to type crap - try to remember to breath as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:40
    Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:23
    Deluded nonsense and now all fans are seeing it for what it was and staying away in droves.
    Whack! Sid hit for six once again.

As expected , no answer because you know the bullshit has been exposed for what it always was. 200 extra fans based on your calculations - no wonder you have nothing to say.

Don't forget - if you keep your fingers in both ears and singing "we'll always be blue " in an attempt to pretend your ignorance is bliss , you won't hear your mum telling you your teas on the table in 3 hours time!

Sid, have you ever read even one of the replies to your posts?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 15:45
    Sid, have you ever read even one of the replies to your posts?
    I remember Sid trolling on the old Rivals network. That was at least a decade ago!

More a case of the hundred or so regular posters on here saying the same thing to each other and then thinking thats the reality of any situation.
    When the marches were organised last season everyone on this Board convinced each other that 10,000 would attend but out in the real world that wasn,t going to happen.
    My prediction is that we will drop to around 12,000 or less season tickets next season , if Slade stays possibly less. The playing budget will reflect that reality and we will have a load of free transfer players replacing Marshall and the big earners.
    Tan will pocket the rest of the parachute money and the fans will see more of the same dull and dour football in a souless empty bowl of a stadium.....until the fans plead for a rich foreign owner to come in and takeover......and the Trust will want to buy a 25% stake but can only raise £50,0000.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Sun, 22 February 2015 12:22
    More a case of the hundred or so regular posters on here saying the same thing to each other and then thinking thats the reality of any situation.
    Football supporters are result driven.