+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Sayings That People Get Wrong

Re: Sayings That People Get Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 18:42
    It took four pages but we finally got to debating whether God is real or not. Level complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 18:23
    Sorry should have done another thread for that - but hasn't that been done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 18:22
    No, surprisingly this thread is the first time it's ever come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardM wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 18:14
    I don't think you have any idea when I am being serious do you? Do you honestly think that I have not noticed the massive threads on religion. Or maybe you are just being trying to be friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 17:25
    I don't think you have any idea when the Colonel is being serious do you? Do you honestly think that he thinks you have not noticed the massive threads on religion? Or are you just trying to be friendly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 17:10
    Very good point - I do not know what is going on with the Colonel (or Captain) - that is why I allowed for the possibility that he is being friendly in my mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 17:09
    You were being sent up, old fruit
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 10:15
    I am sorry, but I don't buy that explanation. Why was I being sent up? Do you have an insight into the Captain's mind? What is to be gained by saying that someone is unreal in some sense. Moreover, why doesn't the Captain come out and say what this is about? Judging from the comments he made on that thread, he appears to have a problem with me in some sense. He appears to have a problem with the way I express myself.
    You were sent up for the same reason we are all sent up on here, GB. I think you are still taking the bait far too easily and that, as I have eluded to before, you haven't quite come to grips with the various types of humour on here - but I say that not as a criticism of you in any way. However, if you choose not to 'buy it' I will keep my own counsel. I was just trying to help, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 18:52
    It took four pages but we finally got to debating whether God is real or not. Level complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 18:23
    I don't think you have any idea when I am being serious do you? Do you honestly think that I have not noticed the massive threads on religion. Or maybe you are just being trying to be friendly.
    I don't think you have any idea when the Colonel is being serious do you? Do you honestly think that he thinks you have not noticed the massive threads on religion? Or are you just trying to be friendly?
    Very good point - I do not know what is going on with the Colonel (or Captain) - that is why I allowed for the possibility that he is being friendly in my mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 17:10
    I am sorry, but I don't buy that explanation. Why was I being sent up? Do you have an insight into the Captain's mind? What is to be gained by saying that someone is unreal in some sense. Moreover, why doesn't the Captain come out and say what this is about? Judging from the comments he made on that thread, he appears to have a problem with me in some sense. He appears to have a problem with the way I express myself.
    If he has a problem with me then why doesn't he just say what it is, and if he doesn't, then why does he not simply say that he doesn't.
    OK - you are being friendly, but you cannot assume that your interpretation of events is accurate. I accept your view and the sincerity with which it is being expressed, but forgive me for not accepting it. Sorry - there may be more going on here than you appreciate. I am not the novice you suggest I am. I have been on this board for nearly two years and I think I have a handle on what is going on in situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 19:01
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 18:52
    If he has a problem with me then why doesn't he just say what it is, and if he doesn't, then why does he not simply say that he doesn't.
    I'm sorry but when banter becomes so ambiguous that it could be 'having a go' - and I am obviously entertaining that possibility - then we should question it. That's what I have been doing and justifiably so.
    I forgive you wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 19:03
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 19:01
    I'm sorry but when banter becomes so ambiguous that it could be 'having a go' - and I am obviously entertaining that possibility - then we should question it. That's what I have been doing and justifiably so.
    You were sent up for the same reason we are all sent up on here, GB. I think you are still taking the bait far too easily and that, as I have eluded to before, you haven't quite come to grips with the various types of humour on here - but I say that not as a criticism of you in any way. However, if you choose not to 'buy it' I will keep my own counsel. I was just trying to help, my friend.
    Thank you!

Sorry about that - but let's get back on track. What about people who say: 'the point being is that...whatever'. This is a tautology (saying the same thing twice) that a friend of mine suggests is quite prominent in Ireland. Being and Is are the same - so why do some people use both?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 19:15
    Sorry about that - but let's get back on track. What about people who say: 'the point being is that...whatever'. This is a tautology (saying the same thing twice) that a friend of mine suggests is quite prominent in Ireland. Being and Is are the same - so why do some people use both?
    You said that twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 19:19
    You said that twice.
    Please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 19:19
    You said that twice.
    I wonder what we would call it if we said the same thing three times - a TRILOGY?

Alluded

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 21:05
    Indeed.

Bookmarked

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 00:36
    Bookmarked
    I shall self-flagellate.

I'm just waiting for the first manager to say "This is an easy place to come" in the post match interview!

Quote Originally Posted by stfagansblue wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 08:22
    I'm just waiting for the first manager to say "This is an easy place to come" in the post match interview!
    Sounds like Feedback in a nightclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 12:45
    Perhaps he got locked in - haven't heard from him recently. Hope he's OK. Come on Feedy let us know that you are OK.

My mate was telling me about his wife said...." I keep telling her mate, she won't listen, I've told her and told her till I'm blue in the TOOTH". I always thought bluetooth was a wireless communication.

Quote Originally Posted by bathblue wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 13:32
    My mate was telling me about his wife said...." I keep telling her mate, she won't listen, I've told her and told her till I'm blue in the TOOTH". I always thought bluetooth was a wireless communication.
    I think he may be getting the saying 'sick to the back teeth' mixed up with 'until I'm blue in the face'.

The one I don't get is "he shat on his hands".

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 12:58
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 12:45
    Perhaps he got locked in - haven't heard from him recently. Hope he's OK. Come on Feedy let us know that you are OK.
    He's on the run down under.

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 18:08
    Gross!

I wondered where he'd got to ..

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 19:38
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2955111/He-sick-head -like-Young-woman-horrified-man-masturbates-ejaculates-mosh- pit-music-festival.html
    Top end scrunt, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 22:06
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2955111/He-sick-head -like-Young-woman-horrified-man-masturbates-ejaculates-mosh- pit-music-festival.html
    Relax, it will turn out to be his wife. It's quite 'normal' apparently. Obviously ..
    What? Is that a saying people get wrong?

It's just what happens. If you weren't there you wouldn't get it (luckily)