+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Saturday the club are inviting all fans to wear retro city tops....

Next Saturday the club are inviting all fans to wear retro city tops....

Re: Next Saturday the club are inviting all fans to wear retro city tops....

It's just a retro shirt day. Not everything has to have soap opera undertones.

Is red retro yet?

Fair play that's a cracking idea

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 12:33
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO0b6XOGzgE

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 12:33
    You can't win one minute the club is not listening , now the club try's to engage, albeit late in the day and that's wrong

It's a typo. It should have said : 'Redrow shirt day'.

Hmmm....

This strikes me as being a post "new badge" reveal celebration.
    The mins from the meeting last week said the new badge would be revealed at the end of Feb - having fans wear the "old bluebirds" crest after such an announcement makes sense!!

Good idea.
    I'd like to see stuff like this regularly.
    Nice to see the club having a go

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 12:34
    Is red retro yet?
    It is understandable we have become cynical, and the club may be fearing a reduction in sales and attendances but this event idea is a good thing, and whoever came up with the notion is on the right track at least.

I tried my very own retro shirt day for our first home game in the Premier League but I think those South Wales Echo shirts must shrink through disuse (or perhaps I am a fat bastard now). I looked like I was wearing a boob tube.

So be warned retro-shirters. You might not be exactly the same size you were last time you bought a replica top.

Quote Originally Posted by The Raven wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 12:57
    So be warned retro-shirters. You might not be exactly the same size you were last time you bought a replica top.
    My 70's 'Friday' retro shirt has shrunk. I last wore it on the day of the City Portsmouth Cup final. How has it shrunk just hanging in the feckin wardrobe eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:00
    My 70's 'Friday' retro shirt has shrunk. I last wore it on the day of the City Portsmouth Cup final. How has it shrunk just hanging in the feckin wardrobe eh?
    I am familiar with this phenomenon myself - and I put it down to the moisture in the fabric leeching out into the warmer environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:03
    I am familiar with this phenomenon myself - and I put it down to the moisture in the fabric leeching out into the warmer environment.
    B2B

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:06
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:03
    It probably more like your both much fatter
    Though I think the ol' Carp may have got hauled out of the lake ?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:06
    Colonel someone with rapier like wit has hacked your account.

Quote Originally Posted by insider wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:11
    Shhh

Can you guys not tell who I was doing an impression of?

Well done for getting the joke. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:14
    Yeees!.. but .. has he noticed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Coch am Byth! wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 12:52
    Hmmm....
    It might be an idea to see what the new badge looks like before we get carried away.

Aw cool. Can I wear my red one?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:16

Probably a bit of desperation from the club, but time to forgive and forget.

The club (Tan) clearly realise how important the fans are now and are making efforts to repair the damage. Clearly for some there is too much damage done, but when you see people like 3 Chord Trick, TVB, Penge and Alfie talking about atending games there is definitely hope yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:14
    Mavis off Coronation Street?