+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Saturday the club are inviting all fans to wear retro city tops....

Re: Next Saturday the club are inviting all fans to wear retro city tops....

Isnt Vincent supposed to be attending,the club are trying to make it a sea of blue for him and his mummy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:35
    Can you guys not tell who I was doing an impression of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:14
    Mavis off Coronation Street?
    You don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:36
    Can you guys not tell who I was doing an impression of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:35
    Mavis off Coronation Street?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 13:14
    You don't really know.

The last time I owned a City shirt I was about 15.

I don't thank any will fit me now...

Positive stuff, but it's just so bizarre after what we've been through.

I don't think it's going to attract any new supporters but its part of building bridges that (hopefully) will bring some old ones back.

Couldn't help but think of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8Ni1sXBLk

Cardiff City is one f&cked up football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 18:13
    How much flare do you expect Slade's team to show?

Hasnt it been retro shirt day since august 2012?

All this needs now s Vincent Tan to be there singing "We'll always be blue" and the madness will be complete

Good Idea but wrong time of year.
    Most will be wearing their coats so many of the shirts worn will be hidden so defeating the object IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 18:13
    It's good to see the club trying to engage with fans - now they need us of course, - but iit feels like they are trying to go from one extreme to the other. It would be more comfortable to see initiatives like these come from fans and not a club who behaved as our has. I will wear a blue shirt next week of course, I always have been.

Nige - I seem to remember we did something similar for the ill fated last game at Ninian Park, purely informal but there were loads of people wearing them. I dug out a 2000/1 with "Fortune-West" on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:19
    Probably a bit of desperation from the club, but time to forgive and forget.
    Corrected for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone wrote on Sun, 22 February 2015 08:01
    This. They'd be better off doing a deal on cheap hats and scarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Sun, 22 February 2015 10:47
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone wrote on Sun, 22 February 2015 08:01
    Most will be wearing their coats so many of the shirts worn will be hidden so defeating the object IMO.
    Free blue scarves, doubt will go down as well as the free red scarves did but worth a go anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 22:52
    All this needs now s Vincent Tan to be there singing "We'll always be blue" and the madness will be complete

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Sun, 22 February 2015 09:43
    that Steve borley quote- it's like he's saying, "FFS nigel get behind the blue" literally couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 22 February 2015 11:38
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Sun, 22 February 2015 09:43
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8Ni1sXBLk
    Cardiff City is one f&cked up football club.
    Through the looking glass stuff.