+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another hard earned point

Another hard earned point

Tuesday would be nice, but we just aren't creating anything.
    Pity because we seem to have got a bit of solidity at the back.

Desperate for something from No one or Whits, both woefully out of form

Re: Another hard earned point

Only way to halt a poor run is to build from the back and get basics right. If it wasn't for craig noone it would be 3 clean sheets in a row now so we on the right way.

Lucky Slade brought that Ravell in, he's going to see us fly up the table. Another point its true, but we are still well and truly in the mire.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 16:59
    Only way to halt a poor run is to build from the back and get basics right. If it wasn't for craig noone it would be 3 clean sheets in a row now so we on the right way.
    Sad to be hoping Brum are penalised for their parent company going bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 17:02
    Lucky Slade brought that Ravell in, he's going to see us fly up the table. Another point its true, but we are still well and truly in the mire.
    It'll only be the fans that went to Boro and Norwich who've seen him have a proper run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 16:57
    Tuesday would be nice, but we just aren't creating anything.
    I agree about Noone and Whitts - really disappointed that Kadeem didn't get on.

We've become more competitive since playing 4-4-2 but we're not creating anything, can we stay up in no and low score draws? And when is the last time Kenwynne scored?

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 17:14
    We've become more competitive since playing 4-4-2 but we're not creating anything, can we stay up in no and low score draws? And when is the last time Kenwynne scored?
    Kenwynne scored two games ago I think - hardly a drought.

Sheff Weds only 3 games ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 17:17
    3 games now

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 17:19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 17:17
    3 games now
    So - you are a big fan of K's then.

We have 7 points out of 24 and 40 attempts in the last 4 games. Only 8 (i shit you not) were on target and in 2015 only Kadeem Harris has scored a goal that did not come from a cross, corner or throw-in.

Middlesborough had 27 attempts at goal today in Leeds miraculous win and 10 attempts on target. Yes, Boro had more attempts on target today than we have had in four games.

Back to 39% possession today and by all accounts woeful performances from the usual suspects and still no change of personnel.

Im sure Slade will be delighted but we are still bobbing along obliviously in relegation form.

Guess how many points out of the FIRST 24 we had available we got, under Ole? 8. In his first 4 games we had 44 attempts on goal and 18 on target so its impossible to say than that we would not be in a better position under Ole (who was dire).

The irony is that in those first four games, as in the last four, we have been bashed possession-wise.

The two things we know for sure now are that both Ole and Slade are useless (with Slade the worse of the two) and that for the whole season, despite the poll at the beginning that laughingly voted whitts and gunnar as our starting two in central midfield, it is central midfield that continues to be the major issue we have on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 17:48
    We have 7 points out of 24 and 40 attempts in the last 4 games. Only 8 (i shit you not) were on target and in 2015 only Kadeem Harris has scored a goal that did not come from a cross, corner or throw-in.
    Interesting statistics, shows how bad we are compared to the top teams.

We are picking up points thats the main thing. Afraid to say its going to be like this until the end of the season grinding out draws and the odd win here and there.I would like to see Declan John get a chance in a forward role. I feel he is just waiting for an opportunity to show what he can do.Seen him a few weeks ago for the U21s as a winger he was head and shoulders above the rest, quick and direct. He would add a bit of zip to the team .