+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lack of possession stems from a failing strike force.

Lack of possession stems from a failing strike force.

He doesn't run the angles or create options for his team-mates to play off.

The problem is there is no other focal point striker, and even if we had an effective target-man we really miss the drive someone like Jordon Mutch offered. It's so disappointing Adeyemi hasn't stepped up as I felt he could be our missing piece.

We are much more organised at the back but we really are missing a trick up top. Ole really messed the team up badly, bringing in totally the wrong type of player for a fantasy style football that existed only in his multiple saved and reloaded Football Manager game.

Doyle & Mason are perhaps the only decent forwards we have for playing proper football.

One game less to go of this awful season

Re: Lack of possession stems from a failing strike force.

I agree mate. I am not a fan of Kenwynne. We should looka at an alternative front pairing; wish Joe Maso was ft. Why Adeyemi is not given a start is beyond belief. Whitingham and Gunnerson the biggest under-performers seem to be pasted on to the starting 11 and they don't deserve to be.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by 14TheFuture wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 17:09
    He doesn't run the angles or create options for his team-mates to play off.
    If Kenwynne doesn't score in the next game then I'd favour resting him for a game or two, we simply need goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 17:30
    I agree mate. I am not a fan of Kenwynne. We should looka at an alternative front pairing; wish Joe Maso was ft. Why Adeyemi is not given a start is beyond belief. Whitingham and Gunnerson the biggest under-performers seem to be pasted on to the starting 11 and they don't deserve to be.
    The key ethic that got us promoted was high pressure especially from the forwards eg Campbell, Miller, Bellamy and wingers. I think this took the pressure off our centre midfield. Now I feel they are being asked to do too much that is why they look so lost!