+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1 step forward, 2 steps back

1 step forward, 2 steps back

I was quite enthusiastic walking out of the CCS on Tuesday after the Blackburn game. We played with a lot more energy, pressed high up the pitch and played the ball on the deck a lot more.

Today was awful again, much like the games that proceeded the Blackburn game. Yes Huddersfield should probably have had a red card and from where I was, I thought it was a penalty as well.

But that doesn't excuse that performance today. More long ball football, hardly any creativity, a lack of energy and pressing of the opposition allowing them to have the ball. We were lucky Huddersfield were really poor as well, to be honest it was a dire game between 2 poor teams.

I don't think Kenwyne helps us get up the pitch. He tried to work defensively but I feel someone a bit more mobile would help us to press higher up the pitch. Whilst he did link the play well today from long balls, I think his presence encourages us to play long. Someone a bit more mobile, who would run channels and move off the ball, would help to play more on the deck.

Noone was very frustrating today. Had a couple of bright moments but his final ball is so inconsistent. I honestly couldn't believe it when Slade took Kennedy off instead of Noone. Kennedy was our best outlet today.

As the title says, I think it was 1 step forward, 2 steps back today and my positivity has been quashed. Let's see what Wigan on Tuesday night brings.

Re: 1 step forward, 2 steps back

I just really hope we don't go down.

Pretty fair summation. Honestly don't know how their 'keeper saved the header from Doyle, and honestly how the referee has not awarded a red card is beyond me. Other than that, we never looked like conceding but our central midfield is just so slow and ponderous.

I'd love to see the back of Gunnarsson, with Ralls coming in. Adeyemi although clearly better than the Icelandic, hasn't imoressed ME greatly yet. The less said about O'Keefe the better - absolutely shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 18:40
    I was quite enthusiastic walking out of the CCS on Tuesday after the Blackburn game. We played with a lot more energy, pressed high up the pitch and played the ball on the deck a lot more.
    Let's get together as opposites attract.

I forgot to add on the plus side we did look solid at the back, Morrison and Manga seem to be forming a decent partnership.

Also, Marshall made 2 fantastic saves, 1 a fingertip save at full stretch from a Hudson(I think!) header an another where he quick off his line to save at the feet of Wells.