+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield v Cardiff. Match day thread

Huddersfield v Cardiff. Match day thread

Joel Lynch is Huddersfield's only injury absentee as they prepare to welcome Cardiff to the John Smith's Stadium.

The centre-back has missed the last two games with a groin problem and Town boss Chris Powell admitted he had only an outside chance of returning before the end of February.

Midfielder Jonathan Hogg is in contention to start after making his return from an injured thigh off the bench in last weekend's 1-1 draw at Bournemouth.

Nahki Wells was an unused substitute on the south coast but he could play a much more prominent role as the Terriers aim to avoid a third straight home defeat.

Cardiff will hand a fitness test to Fabio before naming their starting line-up.

The Brazilian full-back picked up a calf injury in training and missed the 1-1 draw with Blackburn on Tuesday night and he will be handed a fitness test in the build up to kick off.

Russell Slade, who remains without Anthony Pilkington, Joe Mason and Kagisho Dikgacoi, is unlikely to make too many changes following an encouraging midweek display.

Matthew Kennedy's man-of-the-match display on his debut should see him keep his place along with the recalled Eoin Doyle.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-Head

• Cardiff won the earlier meeting this season 3-1 at the Cardiff City Stadium in August.

• Cardiff have won three of the last four meetings in all competitions, drawing the other. Huddersfield's last win was 1-0 at the John Smith's Stadium in the old Division Two in January 2003.

• Huddersfield are unbeaten in the last five meetings at home, winning three. Cardiff's last win there was 3-2 in the old Division Three in October 1989.

Huddersfield

• Huddersfield have won only one of their last four games. Their only win since 24 January was 3-1 at Millwall on 7 February.

• Huddersfield have lost their last two home games, scoring just two goals and conceding six. Their last win at the John Smiths' Stadium was 3-1 against Watford on 10 January.

Cardiff

• Cardiff have not won any of their last seven games in all competitions, losing four. Their last win was 1-0 against Fulham at home in the Championship on 10 January.

• Cardiff have not won any of their last five away games, losing three. Their last win on the road was 1-0 at Watford on 29 November.

Re: Huddersfield v Cardiff. Match day thread

I have a feeling we will get something out of this game. All three pointsIMO.
    Spedger

So do I 1 2 to the City

I have a feeling we'll win.

But in reality we'll probably lose

Marshall, Petier, Morrison, Ecuele Manga, Malone, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone, Kennedy, Doyle, Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:01
    Marshall, Petier, Morrison, Ecuele Manga, Malone, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone, Kennedy, Doyle, Jones.
    How can he not drop Noone! Had such a poor game on Tuesday and he starts. McAleny/Harris or even Revell or O'Keefe should have come in. The rest im happy with Hope Noone can start stepping up.

Whilst its odd to keep Noone in an unchanged side isn't the worst of choices from Slade, I'm pretty happy about to today so I'm going to say a 1 - 0 win! Doyle with his first for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hindsight wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:12
    How can he not drop Noone! Had such a poor game on Tuesday and he starts. McAleny/Harris or even Revell or O'Keefe should have come in. The rest im happy with Hope Noone can start stepping up.
    I'm happy to give youngsters a break etc but Kadeem Harris is League 2 at best - he really is clueless - Josh Low was better and thats saying something.

Yeah, from what I've seen of him so far this season harris would not be an improvement on an out-of-form Noone.

I'm happy with the same XI starting. As long as at no point during the game do we end with Jones and Revell on the pitch at the same time again...

Quote Originally Posted by binman wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:31
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hindsight wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:12
    I'm happy to give youngsters a break etc but Kadeem Harris is League 2 at best - he really is clueless - Josh Low was better and thats saying something.
    I actually don't like or rate Harris but any one else should come in for Noone atm. He doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the starting team and by continuing to start him it's not giving him a push and he's just comfortable getting picked no matter what. Even Fabio on the wing would be a better option.

27% possession

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hindsight wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 15:00
    Quote Originally Posted by binman wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 14:31
    I actually don't like or rate Harris but any one else should come in for Noone atm. He doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the starting team and by continuing to start him it's not giving him a push and he's just comfortable getting picked no matter what. Even Fabio on the wing would be a better option.
    Agree. Noone lucky to be starting after another poor display on Tuesday and I would like to see Fabio given a chance out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 15:09
    27% possession
    Trolls OUT!!

Malone's crocked - so that's a bonus.

Sounds like another end to end all out attacking game of football.

Come on city !!!!!

Connolly on, not much other choice really!

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 15:09
    27% possession
    33%

We're now playing 4-4-2 with only one fullback capable of going up and down. It might be a forced move but it's not a position I would chose to be in.

Last man send him off

Quote Originally Posted by NECS wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 15:25

Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 15:47
    PATHETIC

I think we've had the better of it since the 20th minute.

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif[/IMG] NECS wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 15:25] Malone's crocked - so that's a bonus.
    Are you always such a ****?

Incredible...