+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ajayi

Ajayi

Playing for the DVP team tonight.I assume that's Semi Ajayi,the Arsenal youngster.

Re: Ajayi

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 18:39
    Playing for the DVP team tonight.I assume that's Semi Ajayi,the Arsenal youngster.
    I prefer a whole one.

Out of contract in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 21:30
    Looks like a possible replacement for Manga.Hard to judge from one game at that level but he was pretty impressive and got a couple of goals in a 4-2 win.Some shocking passes in the first half that even Ben Turner would've been ashamed of but stepped it up and was excellent after the break.Tall,athletic and very comfortable on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 21:41
    Looks like a possible replacement for Manga.Hard to judge from one game at that level but he was pretty impressive and got a couple of goals in a 4-2 win.Some shocking passes in the first half that even Ben Turner would've been ashamed of but stepped it up and was excellent after the break.Tall,athletic and very comfortable on the ball.
    (Optimistic here)

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 21:56
    Or partner for manga.
    Have you been drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 21:58
    Or partner for manga.
    (Optimistic here)
    How have you got through the past months/years/decades watching Cardiff City? Gwyn can't even remember the Hull game where we both celebrated promotion let alone these duller times.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 22:09
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 21:58
    Or partner for manga.
    (Optimistic here)
    Have you been drinking?
    It wasn't dull tonight,nice open game and some good performances,not just from Ajayi.I'd love to think that redjk is right but I can't see Manga being here for next season,a good replacement is the best we can hope for.We've got some centre-halves coming through but Ajayi looked like a quality player.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 18:44
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 18:39
    I prefer a whole one.
    Proper name!

Here's a brief item from a site which keeps an eye on Nigerian footballers worldwide reporting on Semi Ajayi's performance for our u-21s on Monday.Not a patch on TOBW's match report,of course,but it does contain the word expiration.

http:// www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/nigeria-players-abroad/ arsenal-ajayi-impresses-in-cardiff-city-trials/203037?

No Ajayi in our DVP game today but I don't know if this means we won't be pursuing our interest in him.A heavy defeat at Palace but while we're drafting in Academy players,Palace played Owen Garvan,Wayne Hennessey and Kwesi Appiah (who recently scored in the quarter finals of the African Nations Cup) so it was a bit of a mismatch.