+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ajayi impresses as Under 21s end goalless home run with a vengeance.

Ajayi impresses as Under 21s end goalless home run with a vengeance.

Re: Ajayi impresses as Under 21s end goalless home run with a vengeance.

Yes,what's the catch with Ajayi?I was wondering that too.A good game,very enjoyable.It caught me by surprise.Robbie Patten doesn't bottle out of a tackle does he?I was wincing at a couple of the challenges he went in for.Good performances all round,very encouraging.

His contract at Arsenal is up this Summer and they don't seem to want him. If he has played for Sunderland, Ipswich and our U21's recently it would seem he may be hawking himself around for the best offer. I found a post on an Ipswich Forum that suggested he is accomplished and athletic but concentration is not his strong point and he is prone to silly mistakes.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 15:31
    His contract at Arsenal is up this Summer and they don't seem to want him. If he has played for Sunderland, Ipswich and our U21's recently it would seem he may be hawking himself around for the best offer. I found a post on an Ipswich Forum that suggested he is accomplished and athletic but concentration is not his strong point and he is prone to silly mistakes.
    Who does that sound like?

He certainly gave that impression early on yesterday,one hospital pass to Ben Watkins nearly led to a goal,but that could've have been down to a number of things.Once he'd settled he was very impressive.There can't be many footballing centre-halves who don't scare the life out of you now and again,especially the young ones.It's something that may have held Oshilaja back too but he seems to be doing a solid job for Wimbledon,hopefully Ajayi would develop in the same way.There's certainly a lot of potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 13:08
    Yes,what's the catch with Ajayi?I was wondering that too.A good game,very enjoyable.It caught me by surprise.Robbie Patten doesn't bottle out of a tackle does he?I was wincing at a couple of the challenges he went in for.Good performances all round,very encouraging.
    Robbie Patten is either a very lucky tackler or an exceptionally good one. I've seen him go into tackles that had me thinking "he's in trouble if he doesn't get this right", but the ref ends up deeming it fair as he decides that the ball was won cleanly. I've opposing seen sides get very annoyed with the official and the player because there has not even been a free kick given, let alone a card shown, but, invariably, the player robbed of the ball is not injured - based on what I've seen, the second of the two options in my first sentence applies to Patten.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 15:33
    Who does that sound like?

He had a cracking game last night. I really hope we sign him