+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you believe in Equal Rights?

do you believe in Equal Rights?

So, equal rights, lets discuss it.

Personally i believe equal opportunity is totally different to having equal rights. A poor person living on benefits who has not worked for three years and has no intention of doing so, could actually get a low-paid job, and slowly but surely build a better life where he can afford better things.

Im a working class lad who worked hard, with no qualifications, to get a decent life for myself and my family. Council house with a mam and dad who have never even driven a car or been abroad - thats my upbringing, but i worked at it.

Does a person in that same council street i grew up in deserve an automatic right to healthcare? To benefits? To a care home when he 'retires' from benefits - whilst the government will try to screw me for the home i worked hard to pay for to pay any care costs?

Does a person who offers nothing to society have the same rights as me? I say no they bloody dont. Respect, and rights, come hand in hand. People who dont respect the society they live in dont have a right to its benefits.

Heisenberg

Re: do you believe in Equal Rights?

We have the question... What's the answer?

Penguin you are clearly a well balanced man.

A chip on both shoulders.

And there was me thinking with Whitts out you'd be happily looking forward to the game later. Come back long winded, repetitive posts about our centre midfield, we miss you!

I think we should treat each other equally however an equal society wouldn't work.

No such thing as equal rights, why should a **** my age who has barely worked a day in their life get the chance to wake up when they want, smoke a spliff and **** about all day, if your not contributing to society then you should get the bare minimum to survive, if you have actively made no effort to ever get a job and you have been on job seekers for 5+ years then you should be sent to a factory to work unpaid or lose your benefits, or sent to Iraq.

Not knowing your situation, how would you feel if you lost your job or were long term I'll with a terrible disease etc. I take you wouldn't claim JSA in the first instance or sickness benefit in the 2nd. Would it then be OK for us to look at you in that situation and say you were a Benefits scrounger, or would your view change then? Not everyone in benefits is a scrounger and they need the healthcare services etc more than people who have good jobs, what about pensioners who retire to Spain on very good pensions but still claim winter fuel allowance. The system is not fair I know but it's not black and white, if it were life would be easier.

Yes, but clearly some don`t.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31698154

Nobody owns the world. The mirage is some people think that they do.

Blog Entries

The lie we live, humanity has lost it's way.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipe6CMvW0Dg

You have no qualifications so that implies you didn't work hard in school. Why should you have the same rights as those who worked hard in school? Too busy beating up swots and looking out of the window and smoking drugs probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 18:56
    You have no qualifications so that implies you didn't work hard in school. Why should you have the same rights as those who worked hard in school? Too busy beating up swots and looking out of the window and smoking drugs probably.
    SAVAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 18:56
    same rights , yes..but i think you mean same wage

Or he's thick.

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 19:49
    Or he's thick.
    I think the OP confuses the abuse of the system with rights given under the system. However it can't be a bad idea that all of us should be given the same opportunities in life.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 17:00
    Not knowing your situation, how would you feel if you lost your job or were long term I'll with a terrible disease etc. I take you wouldn't claim JSA in the first instance or sickness benefit in the 2nd. Would it then be OK for us to look at you in that situation and say you were a Benefits scrounger, or would your view change then? Not everyone in benefits is a scrounger and they need the healthcare services etc more than people who have good jobs, what about pensioners who retire to Spain on very good pensions but still claim winter fuel allowance. The system is not fair I know but it's not black and white, if it were life would be easier.
    Nothing wrong with people claiming benefits who are genuinely ill, im on about people who have been on jobseeking "benefits" for years which are numerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Frog wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 20:07
    Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 19:49
    Or he's thick.
    Why is he thick? Equal opportunities for all should be the aim for society.
    I think this bit seems to have been missed completely, sadly. I believe that people who abuse the system currently gave exactly the same rights as those that don't. That cannot be right. According to some on here, just wanting is reason enough to be given.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 15:54
    Does a person who offers nothing to society have the same rights as me?
    Just so we can answer the question, what do you believe you offer to society?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 20:50
    I work, I try to help others and I think I contribute in some tiny way......not much but 20 times more than some feckless tossers.

Why stop here? Make it a sliding scale so the more you contribute to society the more rights you have, or the richer you are the more rights you have. Oh wait, we already have that.

You're getting the term rights mixed up with something else - entitlement perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 21:00
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 20:50
    I work, I try to help others and I think I contribute in some tiny way......not much but 20 times more than some feckless tossers.
    That is what they want you to think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Mears wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 21:39
    Personally i believe equal opportunity is totally different to having equal rights. A poor person living on benefits who has not worked for three years and has no intention of doing so, could actually get a low-paid job, and slowly but surely build a better life where he can afford better things.
    Do you still live off the land Ray?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 21:19
    Why stop here? Make it a sliding scale so the more you contribute to society the more rights you have, or the richer you are the more rights you have. Oh wait, we already have that.
    That would work well for the OP because he is a massive success despite his humble roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 21:50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Mears wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 21:39
    Im a working class lad who worked hard, with no qualifications, to get a decent life for myself and my family. Council house with a mam and dad who have never even driven a car or been abroad - thats my upbringing, but i worked at it.
    Yes, I do, and it feeds me more than enough, as people keep telling me. I only access land where I have the right to do so though.