+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: will 77 points get us to the play offs

will 77 points get us to the play offs

Re: will 77 points get us to the play offs

That would mean winning all our remaining games. Have you forgotten that Blackpool still have to come here? They haven't won away all season, so the writings on the wall.

Not a chance of getting to the play-offs but just imagine if we did. Likely to get battered over 2 legs by any decent team . And could you begin to visualise us in the Premier with the current crop of players. Too horrific for words.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Hunt wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 10:07
    That would mean winning all our remaining games. Have you forgotten that Blackpool still have to come here? They haven't won away all season, so the writings on the wall.
    I remember in the late 70,s I think,we hadnt won away all season and we were playing at Blackpool last game.Good crowd of us up at Blackpool and Tony Evans scored the only goal to give us the away win...............BEDLAM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 15:02
    Not a chance of getting to the play-offs but just imagine if we did. Likely to get battered over 2 legs by any decent team . And could you begin to visualise us in the Premier with the current crop of players. Too horrific for words.
    We won't reach the play offs by any stretch, so we don't have to worry about that for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 15:37
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Hunt wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 10:07
    I remember in the late 70,s I think,we hadnt won away all season and we were playing at Blackpool last game.Good crowd of us up at Blackpool and Tony Evans scored the only goal to give us the away win...............BEDLAM!!!
    Spedger

That's a fair point regarding form going into the play-offs. But I hope you agree that actually winning them would prove to be an embarrassment the following season.

For us to make the playoffs - teams like Brentford, Norwich and Bournemouth would have to pick up as few as 12-14 points from their remaining 13 games. We won't pick up nearly enough points, and likewise they won't drop enough - but hopefully aim for top 9/10 positions and go again next year.

77 points may well get us into the play-offs.
    But I can't see us getting 77 points.

Agree.

Not getting relegated, not getting promoted. I'd use this time to experiment and find a formation which suits and gets us playing. But I suppose you could argue we've been doing that for 15 months now

will 74 get us to the play offs