+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DISGUSTING

Blog Entries

Re: DISGUSTING

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 18:42
    Don't think the original poster was aiming for answers like this, you sympathetic lot.
    I need to give you more lessons about the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 18:49
    Don't think the original poster was aiming for answers like this, you sympathetic lot.
    B 2 B.
    B 2 B.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 19:02
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 18:49
    B 2 B.
    I need to give you more lessons about the internet.
    I worry about you.

If my experience of " social housing " is right ( i worked as a carpenter for 2 local councils and 3 housing associations ), Gemma will have seen the free housing the the rather " not that bad " lifestyle and will think, i wouldnt mind a slice of that pie, she is 15 now and will be looking at a baby in 2 years, thus she will move out and that will free up some space

I know this is now the fact in all cases, but its not that uncommon either

It's almost as if there's not enough council houses. What happened?

What is the collective noun for a group of right wingers . There is whole bunch of them in this thread.
    I have a few suggestions.
    A filth , a shit bucket , a stench , a turd , a vomit , a disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 05:28
    What is the collective noun for a group of right wingers . There is whole bunch of them in this thread.
    We can all fall on bad times but the likelihood is that a family with six children in this situation is subsidised by the state long term.

Have you read her replies to the comments made below the article
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 06:30
    This, without a doubt, I find it odd that anyone would disagree with this, councils should have been dishing out free condoms & free instructions of how to use them rather than council (or the politically correct Social housing) to you girls getting knocked up for a house, successive governments allowed this policy to flourish, it's now become the norm.

I had a family across the road from me in a council house, had a 3rd kid last year, they have moved onto to new council housing that is bigger. So the issue cant be as bad as the OP thinks.

Plus they had a 2 year old Range Rover, how the **** can they get a council house?? Surely if they have the money to buy a Range Rover they shouldn't be getting a council house??? I know 3 single mums who cant get a council house but this family who obviously have loads of spare funds can get one? System is broken that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 10:55
    I had a family across the road from me in a council house, had a 3rd kid last year, they have moved onto to new council housing that is bigger. So the issue cant be as bad as the OP thinks.
    No one should have to bring children up in a drive less house.

There is a motability allowance that the Council use - the trick is though - once you have qualified for it - it is never re assessed. Which is why my Mrs friend is driving around in a lovely mini (not sure what they cost new) but she gets a new one every 3 years - all she has to pay is the petrol.

She gets it because she looks after her morbidly obese mother who cant leave the house. I know someone else who also get a car from the council - and they have similar reason.

I'm just hoping I'll get a car as well when the time arises.

what is the collective noun for a group of fat bastards ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 11:44
    There is a motability allowance that the Council use - the trick is though - once you have qualified for it - it is never re assessed. Which is why my Mrs friend is driving around in a lovely mini (not sure what they cost new) but she gets a new one every 3 years - all she has to pay is the petrol.
    A friend sister has ataxia, she had 3 cars over a period of years, when she got the first one she sold her current car that her well-off parents had bought her. I could never fathom why someone who can afford a car is still entitled to a car. Surely thats wasting money?

Barry - I'm pretty sure the motability allowance comes off central Govt budget rather than council budgets.

The budget for this currently stands at 1.5 Billion a year. Pretty sure though the coalition Govt have curtailed this quite a lot.

The massive increase in this budget happened over the years from 1997 - 2010. I'm all in favour of giving disabled people these cars if they have no other way of getting around.

But as per - it's been been abused by people - and no checks were put in place by local councils - so it's just been left to increase year on year.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 22:44
    What the government need to try and do is convince people with bigger social houses, who's family have left home to downsize, I wonder how they could do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 22:40
    Interesting use of the word "convince" there
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Tue, 03 March 2015 22:38
    Convince as in give them a choice.
    Tell her to wear a burka and she has her house.

I have 3 children by 1 woman, a relatively stressful job, a huge mortgage, and no drive, where did I go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 11:32
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 10:55
    Plus they had a 2 year old Range Rover, how the **** can they get a council house?? Surely if they have the money to buy a Range Rover they shouldn't be getting a council house??? I know 3 single mums who cant get a council house but this family who obviously have loads of spare funds can get one? System is broken that for sure.
    while i was working for the housing assoc, i had to pop back and fix a few issues with the new houses, now my brother in law had a house built by the same builders and the house was exactly the same, same kitchen, same doors, only difference was they were semi and his is detached, they even had a garage , now the people moved in them and started to smash them up ( as they often do ) and the difference was a £240 K mortgage, same houses, it really makes you think " who has the right idea ?? ? ?"

The scariest part of the story for me was that Cardiff adds 175 family units to its social housing list every week. That's the equivalent of a pretty big housing estate every bloody week just for social housing. That cant be right surely.

Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 10:26
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 06:30
    A filth , a shit bucket , a stench , a turd , a vomit , a disease.
    Personal responsibility is not a matter of left or right wing and anyone who chooses to see such things in that light is missing the point.

Reading this reminds me of a current entry on the Cardiff Freecycle site of a young mother looking for a wall bracket for her 55inch tv.

In other news we have a car through the motability scheme on account of my daughters disability. It costs us over £9k to lease the car each 3 year agreement. We dont have to get a car but we choose to and forfeit part of her benefit each week to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 16:17
    Reading this reminds me of a current entry on the Cardiff Freecycle site of a young mother looking for a wall bracket for her 55inch tv.
    PS Its parked in the street outside my own driveless house.

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 13:04
    I have 3 children by 1 woman, a relatively stressful job, a huge mortgage, and no drive, where did I go wrong.
    You seem to have had some drive for a few years at least.

"A DRIVE"................. kin hell,who do these muppets think they are?.....bet they aint even from Wales!!

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 13:04
    Hence the three kids eh.

It's a great relief to read some of the commonsensical and thoroughly reasonable comments posted here regarding this particular situation. As one of the posters as stated, these matters are not right or left. It's a matter of what's reasonable and fair compared to what's abusing the system by taking the piss out of the rest of us who work and pay tax.

There are people who give and there are people who take. People who take are in the ascendancy in modern Britain, and the 'givers', ie people who work and pay tax, are starting to resent it. This is healthy because it shows people are transcending traditional tribal loyalties and seeing these people for what they are- abusers of our goodwill. I'm not talking about genuine need.

It's always fascinated me that most ordinary working people are innately conservative on most matters of public life - immigration, law and order, tax and benefits, marriage and the family, etc etc, but these people would never dream of voting Conservative ! Curious.