+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Personnel tax allowance

Personnel tax allowance

For self employed folks, I know it's £10,000 at the moment, but is it more if your married? Does it change in anyway?? I'd rather torch my nuts than ring hmrc....

Re: Personnel tax allowance

I'm no expert, but I believe each partner gets the 10,000. But if one doesn't use it all, some unused allowance can be transferred to the other.
    I'm sure someone on here will know the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 07:16
    I'm no expert, but I believe each partner gets the 10,000. But if one doesn't use it all, some unused allowance can be transferred to the other.
    If she does get it too and all our assets are seen as joint then I've been paying way too much tax for years.....need to see a financiL advisor me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 07:46
    That's nice of them might save £200 if I register for marriage allowance.....

If partner doesn't earn income, its also probably worth employing them. You can pay then some money without having to pay tax (assuming its under the lower earnings limit for NI), thereby reducing your profit and therefore NI Class 4 and Income Tax.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 07:46
    cheers feedback

Quote Originally Posted by goats wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 07:12
    For self employed folks, I know it's £10,000 at the moment, but is it more if your married? Does it change in anyway?? I'd rather torch my nuts than ring hmrc....
    By the time you get through to them on the phone they would have grown back!

Personal is the word unless you are a boss paying for all his / her personnel , like.