+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff airport

Cardiff airport

More flights coming , especially pleased with the Cork flight coming back
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sou...wales-31744608

Re: Cardiff airport

Yes, good news all round. Not bad for a regional airport.

Any flights from anywhere that might work on a Saturday for the football.
    I thought not.

Not long now before someone complains about the road links.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 13:28
    Any flights from anywhere that might work on a Saturday for the football.
    I used them regularly back in the 1980s for my Jersey flights. I'm sure they did 2 a week back then.

Question is will they be more expensive than bristol? This is where we could do with devolution of APD

Road links are a bit shit though, eh?

Try getting to Bristol at , well any time, to see how bad the road links are. Prices from Cardiff are generally better as well. Better airport all round imo,

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 13:50
    I once got stuck behind a tractor pulling a cart load of shite,not the best way to start a holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Philb wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 15:54
    Try getting to Bristol at , well any time, to see how bad the road links are. Prices from Cardiff are generally better as well. Better airport all round imo,
    I muvh prefer Cardiff, but Bristol is always cheaper in my experience.

Great news.

There is a long way to go, but just as we should criticise the Welsh Govt when they are shit, we should applaud them when they do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 13:24
    You already off to Glasgow, Bobby?

Someone who works there once told me,the Spanish company that previously owned it only bought the Airport to get the BA service contracts.
    I was also told that the security have a share out of any cosmetics etc that they confiscate during check in,this person regualary takes home deoderants sun cream etc by the bag full

Quote Originally Posted by Ninianman wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 17:51
    Someone who works there once told me,the Spanish company that previously owned it only bought the Airport to get the BA service contracts.
    Taking homw bags full of second hand suncream sounds like the worlds shitttest job perk ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 17:53
    I was also told that the security have a share out of any cosmetics etc that they confiscate during check in,this person regualary takes home deoderants sun cream etc by the bag full
    Well most people i know would realise that old creams etc have a limited shelf life once opened,so therefore buy brand new before going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninianman wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 17:57
    Taking homw bags full of second hand suncream sounds like the worlds shitttest job perk ever.
    What I want to know is what motivated you to survey most of the people you know about suncream expiration times?

Bristol's road links are feckin' awful too though...took the route the SatNav told us the other night...never again.

Tan out.

More people buying Swansea city shirts then ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninianman wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 16:28
    I once got stuck behind a tractor pulling a cart load of shite,not the best way to start a holiday.
    B 2 B.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 17:59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninianman wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 17:57
    Well most people i know would realise that old creams etc have a limited shelf life once opened,so therefore buy brand new before going away.
    Come on we've all done it. A few beers down the pub a bit of banter, reminiscing about the old days, a quick survey about the shelflife of suncream.