+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Roberto Martinez.....¿Guth or Bath?

Roberto Martinez.....¿Guth or Bath?

He's a nice guy who speaks great english and comes across as being an intelligent guy but are there any reasons related to football that might make sense of the fact a lot of people rate him?

Re: Roberto Martinez.....¿Guth or Bath?

His teams generally play good football

I think we'll see next season.

Would not say no to him coming here - obviously as No2 to Slade though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 14:01
    He's a nice guy who speaks great english and comes across as being an intelligent guy but are there any reasons related to football that might make sense of the fact a lot of people rate him?
    Stuff like that I guess.

I believe Swansea and their style of football is ultimately down to his work. Managers have continued with his philosophy..

kept a very mediocre wigan team in the premiership for a few seasons.

Would love him here thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 15:23
    He won the League One championship with Swansea in 2007/08.
    I have a feeling you knew all of these things anyway.

I mean, he also got Wigan relegated and appears to be in the process of fecking up Everton. Apart from riding on the momentum generated by Moyes, he has a shite record at premier league level. From 6 season managing in the PL( last season aside) he has a win record of something like 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 19:38
    He won the FA Cup with Wigan.
    Look at Chelsea's route to Wembley - Watford (h), Bradford (h), Sunderland (h), Reading (h).

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 19:53
    He led Everton to their highest Premier League points tally and a place in Europe last season.
    Chelsea do have those other titles to fall back on though I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 19:58
    He led Everton to their highest Premier League points tally and a place in Europe last season.
    Stuff like that I guess.
    If you want to debate whether Martinez is perhaps overrated in the UK that's interesting but your last two posts suggest you've already made up you mind... a la Grangetown with Ashley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 20:12
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 19:58
    Stuff like that I guess.
    Look at swansea now. Was it his doing or the setup at the club ?? Current form might suggest the latter.
    I just think that Martinez has been built up as a special manager and I can't see how that has been vindicated in the last 5/6 seasons. It's just a funny one.

What does Guth or Bath mean?

It could certainly be argued he is no better or worse than Brenda Rodgers.
    Aside from Man City, Liverpool have spent more than anyone else and made more funds available than anyone else to the manager and Rodgers still seems absolutely snookered by having a one-man team.
    Last season Suarez, this season Sturridge. For him to have £250 million to spend on a team that cannot cope with one injury is very poor.

Martinez is at Everton, the team that wants to be a top team but wont pay the price - always doomed to fail there as they wont/cant compete.