+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WHITTS To Be Left Out?

WHITTS To Be Left Out?

Re: WHITTS To Be Left Out?

Surely not!

We'll never get anything without our midfield playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 20:01
    Surely not!
    Are you being serious? You can't reasonably claim, after we just had our most emphatic win of the season away from home, that we never get anything without Whitts. Can you??

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 20:11
    Surely not!

"We are starting to get competition for places and that's what we want. Joe was given his chance in midfield and took it. That's what we want from every player when they are in the matchday squad."

Slade is absolutely and utterly full of shit. Ralls was not in the starting eleven as a result of fighting for his place. Whittingham would have started, and started and started. Slade now seems to be claiming he has created a "competitive" squad.

Ralls and Adeyemi have not had two starts in a row in the middle of midfield in a season where the club has gone from bad to worse, Whittingham gets suspended so has to be replaced and suddenly we have a 'competitive squad'.

Slade really is the biggest bullshitter of a manager we have had for many many moons and he still has not given one interview where he has talked about our tactics on the pitch.

This is his biggest bullshit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:14
    "We are starting to get competition for places and that's what we want. Joe was given his chance in midfield and took it. That's what we want from every player when they are in the matchday squad."
    Still a long way to go before coming anywhere near your best attempts though .

Whitts needs a rest tbf, Always comes back better after he's been rested for a few games. I'd prefer to see Gunnar dropped really.

It doesn't annoy me the way we treat players who have been loyal to city, Scott Young gets dogs abuse, Whitts gets dogs abuse, McNaughton gets called shit etc, we must honestly have the worst fans going.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:19
    Slade is absolutely and utterly full of shit. Ralls was not in the starting eleven as a result of fighting for his place. Whittingham would have started, and started and started. Slade now seems to be claiming he has created a "competitive" squad.
    saucer of milk for table 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:26
    Whitts needs a rest tbf, Always comes back better after he's been rested for a few games. I'd prefer to see Gunnar dropped really.
    Personally, i think he is long past his sell by date but i would never boo him - i dont boo the team.

Quote Originally Posted by saganspirit wrote on Thu, 05 March 2015 20:15
    Surely not!
    Are you being serious? You can't reasonably claim, after we just had our most emphatic win of the season away from home, that we never get anything without Whitts. Can you??
    Seems they don't have sarcasm up north

When a player who has been loyal to us is going through a rough patch or isn't as able as he was previously, whichever your theory, he should get more support rather than less.

Surely not!
    In scoreline or performance? One of Penguin's criticisms of the Whitts/Gunnar partnership is the lack of possession but it didn't improve at all on Tuesday. The big difference was that we took our chances, and only one of them was due to having a younger midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 12:29
    Surely not!
    Scoreline! I have seen only a handful of away games so cannot judge on performance. But that doesn't alter my view on giving this winning team another go - especially since Whitts appears to be in need of a rest.

To be fair, from your quote he didnt say that. He said he was given his chance (albeit forced by Whitts suspension) and took it!

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 12:21
    It doesn't annoy me the way we treat players who have been loyal to city, Scott Young gets dogs abuse, Whitts gets dogs abuse, McNaughton gets called shit etc, we must honestly have the worst fans going.
    The guy should be adored by city fans but he was booed off by the plastics in the premier league season because we are largely followed by brain dead morons who have never kicked a ball and have no knowledge of 'loyalty'

Whitts to be left out?.....For the rest of the season hppefully

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 18:35
    Whitts to be left out?.....For the rest of the season hppefully
    Nah - give the man a rest and he could come back good as new.

Ole would drop all 3 goalscorers and Ralls so give Slade some credit if he does anything less