+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All in it together boys

Re: AMs can ask for the pay rise not to be given to them - like Leanne Wood has done

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:34
    Hoping for a 33% pay rise this year. As I am self employed the subject of pay is an unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:26
    I dont think MP's should be well paid. It only encourages the career politician, and they are not fit for purpose. You need real life people in these jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:21
    Sense on this board?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:20
    Absolutely right. People used to come into politics after experiencing life - be it in a posh company a coal mine or a corner shop. The politicians of today actually earmark a career in politics prior to university and then go on to work in junior roles for political parties, moving up the greasy ladder.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:19
    Personally i think politicians should have been in regular employment int he real world outside politics for a minimum of 5 years before being considered as an MP - watch how quickly the recruitment process comes to a grinding halt in the Labour/Cons/LibDem parties then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 09:23
    Isn't that a very difficult task?
    I wasn't being serious, old fruit.

Re: AMs can ask for the pay rise not to be given to them - like Leanne Wood has done

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:35
    Hoping for a 33% pay rise this year. As I am self employed the subject of pay is an unknown.
    I dont think MP's should be well paid. It only encourages the career politician, and they are not fit for purpose. You need real life people in these jobs.
    Sense on this board?
    Absolutely right. People used to come into politics after experiencing life - be it in a posh company a coal mine or a corner shop. The politicians of today actually earmark a career in politics prior to university and then go on to work in junior roles for political parties, moving up the greasy ladder.
    Personally i think politicians should have been in regular employment int he real world outside politics for a minimum of 5 years before being considered as an MP - watch how quickly the recruitment process comes to a grinding halt in the Labour/Cons/LibDem parties then.
    A greasy ladder is a piece of piss compared to a greasy pole.
    WOOOOSH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:53
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:35
    Sense on this board?
    A greasy ladder is a piece of piss compared to a greasy pole.
    Racist. Reported.
    It's a double whoosh actually.

Re: All in it together boys

A substantial pay increase is completely unwarranted.
    It is insensitive, dreadful timing, and is a p1ss take.
    Brass necked morons.

Let's not tar them al lwith the same brush mind, for example Leanne Wood, Plaid, is talking about the notion of refusing it - and insisting that the WAG sepnd it on something that needs the money. Lord knows they wouldnt have to look far ..

But apparently that wont be possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:19
    The Welsh people voted for devolution.Enjoy!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 10:00
    It's not a question of devolution though is it? Unless of course it is only our lot down Cardiff bay who have their snouts in the trough and the Westminster lot are doing it for free!
    Isn't it? I don't see any improvement in the lot of the Welsh people in the 15 years it has been in existance.Anything that goes wrong down here and the squealing about Westminster begins.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:29
    Devolution is a very good thing, I am glad we have an assembly(soon to be parliament). The problem is the greedy bastards inside it!!
    I am glad that you are satisfied with the assembly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 13:08
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 11:29
    Devolution is a very good thing, I am glad we have an assembly(soon to be parliament). The problem is the greedy bastards inside it!!
    I am glad that you are satisfied with the assembly!!!
    Just as it is in Westminster and Brussels .. and.. and .. and ..