+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Attendance tomorrow ?

Attendance tomorrow ?

We all know that the official attendance will be a fake so I'm going for 20,610 but the REAL attendance will be around 17,500.

See you all there then

Re: Attendance tomorrow ?

About the same or less than the last match. Nothing to play for so the fairweather's are unlikely to turn up. I've decided that far from being normal, only weirdo's like me turn up hoping for an improvement but expecting crap.

Itll be down cos Wolves brought 2000 and Charlton wont

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 18:44
    About the same or less than the last match. Nothing to play for so the fairweather's are unlikely to turn up. I've decided that far from being normal, only weirdo's like me turn up hoping for an improvement but expecting crap.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 18:54
    Itll be down cos Wolves brought 2000 and Charlton wont
    so 21,791 it is then

Probably announced at 20,100 but officially around 14,000. Can't quite get my head around the attendences at the CCS. I understand the season ticket sales being part of the declared attendance etc. But cast my mind pack to 1976/77 season when we played QPR in league cup in midweek at NP. 23K plus that night and the Bob bank - which i was always meant to believe held apprx 17,000 or more when packed - was at least 75% full: Grange end was bouncing so prob 5-7K; Grandstand was full = 5k. and the enclosures were half full. Canton packed. I look at each end of ground at CCS and i actually feel we have had a lot of attendences hovering around 10K. I reckon there were more at that League Cup game back in 1976 than there has been in any game at the CCS. However the declared attendance figures say not so.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 20:41
    It's not rocket science - back in those days it was the "official" attendance and it wasn't policed particularly in cup games- 2 for us 1 for the revenue! Now it's all about season tickets etc - they're counted whether they're there or not (which is fair because they've paid for the game) and the taxman is watching! The official crowds nowadays are financially and tax-wise correct! But if you want the actual people at the game - count them. The Club knows exactly how many are actually at the games (because of the electronic systems) - I was told by a club employee at the Reading cup game that the real attendance was circa 10,000!
    Spedger