+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: jane austen

jane austen

this threads for those affected by the punctuation pc thing just say what you want about jane but dont use punctuation really difficult

Re: jane austen

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 11:28
    this threads for those affected by the punctuation pc thing just say what you want about jane but dont use punctuation really difficult
    "P.C." surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 11:28
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 11:28
    "P.C." surely.
    no punctuation on this thread please smileys are ok though

jane austen was a wonderful craftswoman with a beautiful command of the english language but i dont want to spend three pages reading about someone tying up their shoelaces and if i want to find out about the crimean war i want to read it in a book set in crimea not a drawing room in bath

pride and prejudice
    a story of the rebrand

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 11:37
    jane austen was a wonderful craftswoman with a beautiful command of the english language but i dont want to spend three pages reading about someone tying up their shoelaces and if i want to find out about the crimean war i want to read it in a book set in crimea not a drawing room in bath
    thats bath with a capital b

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 11:41
    Surely you mean that is bath with a capital b

not if im not allowed to use punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 11:54
    i know what you mean i should have asked do you mean the thing you bathe in or the city that claims to have some connection with the author

join our thread now and free yourself from the tyranny of punctuation the most liberating movement since women burned their bras in the 1960s feel free to be misunderstood

la de da de da de da just posted the same message twice oops

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:28
    i know what you mean i should have asked do you mean the thing you bathe in or the city that claims to have some connection with the author
    one doesn't find drawing rooms in the baths that one bathes in

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:37
    very good point why didnt i think of that but you can claim only that up until this point one hasnt found drawing rooms in baths you never know one day they might become quite fashionable

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:41
    Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:37
    very good point why didnt i think of that but you can claim only that up until this point one hasnt found drawing rooms in baths you never know one day they might become quite fashionable

what a pointless thread full stop

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:49
    very pointless thats the point

but why do threads have to have a point

am i allowed to use ellipsis because my posts dont seem the same without ellipsis just doesnt feel right

you cant even force the spaces where theyd be either i miss full stops

Quote Originally Posted by Cheers wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:59
    am i allowed to use ellipsis because my posts dont seem the same without ellipsis just doesnt feel right
    just realised you and I have used a wee sweary i'll wash my mouth out now hope you will do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:51
    sorry no references to punctuation are allowed on this thread go clean your mouth out with soap
    because you don't know when they finish otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 13:25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:51
    sorry no references to punctuation are allowed on this thread go clean your mouth out with soap
    but why do threads have to have a point
    but they never really finish do they they just disappear down this black hole only to be resurrected ten years later when someone wants to prove a point look you said you liked tan once theres the proof on this post you made at 1115 am on thursday 22nd january 2013 just after eating your breakfast and you may protest but i only said that i liked tan better than attila the hun or nero

jane austen would be called a goldigger these days my daughters have read lots of her stuff and it seems she describes the attractiveness of the male characters by saying how much they earn

Quote Originally Posted by bobh wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 18:29
    jane austen would be called a goldigger these days my daughters have read lots of her stuff and it seems she describes the attractiveness of the male characters by saying how much they earn
    so im not sure really i don't think she was a golddigger because she expresses her views on the importance of marrying for love many times