+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could feel it coming from here...

Could feel it coming from here...

Nothing to do but watch Wales and BBC updates trying to read between the lines about what's actually happening as information is scant.

Seems to have begun with a bit of confidence lasting as far as going in front at which time possession (not everything, I know) was 66% - 34% and had been for most of the game.

Then you could almost feel the mindset change as realisation of another possible 3 points took hold. Slowly but surely the figures began to swing ending at 54% - 46% with the visitors grabbing 2 goals as they scented the opposition had stopped doing anything but try to hold on. I'd like to see the possession stats for the last half hour - must be well in favour of Charlton and they made no mistake; all too easy probably.

I'm not there to see the body language but am guessing that this squad and this management have a long way to go to instill some backbone, professionalism, nous - call it what you will in the squad. The next acquisition or two must surely be players who have a bit of passion about them, can read a game and know what's needed to be done to either get back into a game or see one out.

In short, a winning team needs a mixture of attributes, as much mentality as physicality or skill.

Re: Could feel it coming from here...

Nothing wrong with the backbone/nous/professionalism. The first half was a delight.
    2nd half - we scored. Then Gunnars was injured. Ralls came on. Imbalanced midfield. They made 2 clever tactical substitutions that worked and overran us. Our substitutions were defensive gaffes. We lost. No plan B. Slade out.

Didn't Gunnarsson get injured in the first half?

Gunnarson went off midway through 1st half and we looked fine up until we scored. We were well in control and looking positive but then stopped playing and invited Charlton back into a game they didn't look like getting anything from.