+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IMPROVED OR NOT?

IMPROVED OR NOT?

I am at a huge disadvantage here because I am only listening on the radio. I am therefore swayed by the commentators to an extent.

But my impression over the past two or three games is that we are improving. Am I wrong?

Re: IMPROVED OR NOT?

How does this sound...

Slow for most of it, upped the tempo, scored a goal. Whitts dropped back, City dropped back, hoof ball, they scored more and won.

So, for me, no. No improvement.

Why play, score a goal and not go for another? Sitting back in your own half and punting the ball up the pitch pretty sums up the season for me.

Simple answer - yes - in the 1st half. 2nd half Gunners injured - Ralls on with Whitts - no balance - Charlton subbed 2 players and then they overran us, scored a well worked goal and got a fortuitous penalty. We lose 2 -1. MOM Bruno Manga (again). Whitts great in first half. NO PLAN B. Sort it out Russell.

The last two home games have been more entertaining and for long periods we have looked like we might get something from the game but we have lost both. Is that an improvement?

Small steps but we are definitely improving. Kept the ball much better today and spent a lot of time in their half. Unlucky not to take all 3 points.

It seems to me that Slade doesn't seem to like making adjustments at half time, we're always worse off in the last 45 minutes even if we were the better team in the first half.

...hell, watching us in the last 30 minutes of recent games is like watching somone who doesn't know the buttons play FIFA. Just random hoofing and people standing around doing nothing,

I can't believe we lost the game. Charlton's first shot was on 62 minutes, and we went to pieces after they scored. I thought the penalty was dubious but none of the defenders seemed to protest.

However, I find it strange why Slade 1) left out Kennedy 2) left out Ralls 3) took McAleny off and also why he plays McAleny on the wing when he's a striker. He would have been great upfront with Jones instead of Macheda.

We were much more improved than wolves, could have and should have won. They all played well, Noone, McAlene and Kennedy did very well.

If they play like that every game - results will come.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:56
    I can't believe we lost the game. Charlton's first shot was on 62 minutes, and we went to pieces after they scored. I thought the penalty was dubious but none of the defenders seemed to protest.
    It's because he's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:56
    Yes - I don't understand what Slade is doing sometimes. Why change a winning team so much??

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:54
    It seems to me that Slade doesn't seem to like making adjustments at half time, we're always worse off in the last 45 minutes even if we were the better team in the first half.
    Agree entirely - no PLAN B - they make tactical substitutions and we make err - well - substitutions - it's ok though - we are 'in transition' ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderbankk wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 18:10
    Quote Originally Posted by celticknight wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:54
    ...hell, watching us in the last 30 minutes of recent games is like watching somone who doesn't know the buttons play FIFA. Just random hoofing and people standing around doing nothing,
    Our substitutions are usually like-for-like and they seem to hand the initiative to the other side. This is not the first time that the team has conceded goals after the arrival of subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:53
    Small steps but we are definitely improving. Kept the ball much better today and spent a lot of time in their half. Unlucky not to take all 3 points.
    we had 1 shot all game