+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bringing whitts, noone and jones back in

Bringing whitts, noone and jones back in

When we were 3 up at Rotherham we all knew he would do it today- well he didn't let us down did he?!

Slade sure doesn't help himself.

Re: Bringing whitts, noone and jones back in

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:42
    When we were 3 up at Rotherham we all knew he would do it today- well he didn't let us down did he?!
    He certainly leaves himself open to accusations that he made lots of changes to a team that won emphatically. Having said that, we were well ahead of them in terms of stats, but we did not take the chances that we created - whereas against Rotherham we did.

For all of our first half dominance we still went in at 0-0 and for me that was when the game was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:47
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 18:03
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:47
    He certainly leaves himself open to accusations that he made lots of changes to a team that won emphatically. Having said that, we were well ahead of them in terms of stats, but we did not take the chances that we created - whereas against Rotherham we did.
    And then he brings on Revell when we need a goal.......hopeless

I can see what he was up to when he brought Kennedy on (fresh legs) and a player who is in good form but the Revell change is strange when you have Doyle on the bench. Revell is not known as a prolific marksman Doyle is suppose to be even if it was league one I just dont see the reasoning behind it.In fairness Whitts had a good game and Noone played well but we are short of goal scorers. Hope Mason returns soon.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 19:53
    I can see what he was up to when he brought Kennedy on (fresh legs) and a player who is in good form but the Revell change is strange when you have Doyle on the bench. Revell is not known as a prolific marksman Doyle is suppose to be even if it was league one I just dont see the reasoning behind it.In fairness Whitts had a good game and Noone played well but we are short of goal scorers. Hope Mason returns soon.

Whitts had a good game, as did the team overall until it went pearshaped through awful defending.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 20:16
    Whitts had a good game, as did the team overall until it went pearshaped through awful defending.
    Whittingham was his usual self. Poor, ineffective, lazy, clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 20:23
    Are you blind or do you simply not understand football? Whittingham was excellent today in open play. His passing is leagues above anyone else in our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Coffee Crew wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 22:11
    Are you blind or do you simply not understand football? Whittingham was excellent today in open play. His passing is leagues above anyone else in our team.
    In our current situation I think it is a great opportunity to play Ralls Adeyemi McEleny and Kennedy in midfield to give us some pace and energy.From a results point of view it can certainly do no harm.

Doesn't really matter how good whitts or anyone else is really. Being effective and fitting into the team is more important than someone who can see great through balls for revell and kenwyne jones to not run onto.

For me we look best when someone like ralls or adeymi carries the ball forward and closes the gap between our midfielders and strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 09:46
    Doesn't really matter how good whitts or anyone else is really. Being effective and fitting into the team is more important than someone who can see great through balls for revell and kenwyne jones to not run onto.
    I don't think I mentioned running on to I think I said passing to feet!!

Thought Witts was our best player, but what a goddam awful performance from our two strikers.

And that is the truth. Well its my truth.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 09:41
    Little bit aggressive aren't you?
    Slade saying Whitts and Gunner will come good as they have been in the past is beyond belief.

Noone had a great game as did Whitts and Jones to be fair.
    Ralls also got stuck in - one of those games , where everyone seems baffled as to why we lost

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 09:41
    Little bit aggressive aren't you?