+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Whitts and Ralls could develop a good partnership

Whitts and Ralls could develop a good partnership

I saw plenty of evidence today to suggest that Whitts and Ralls have the makings of a very good partnership.

I thought Whitts had his best game for a long time with his passing if not his set piece play. While Ralls showed plenty of confidence in making himself available, picking the ball up, and driving through midfield.

Ralls is certainly better than Gunnarsson who seems to hide from the ball rather than offer an option to our defenders. He's also painfully slow and a poor passer of a ball. I was quite relieved when he limped off today.

Sadly, despite all the balls flooding into the box we were unable to capitalise and rarely looked like scoring. Kenwynne needs a quickish man playing off his shoulder to capitalise on all the headers he wins - he must have one at least a dozen today.

To make matters worse we had a mad 10 minutes that allowed Charlton to steal the points - but that's football.

Still, some glimmers of hope that we are improving slowly. Hopefully the Whitts /Ralls partnership can be the cornerstone for a better end of season run in.

Re: Whitts and Ralls could develop a good partnership

I'm pretty sure Ralls and Adeyemi would be even better.

Actually I'm sure Ralls and anyone would be far better.

Re: Whitts and Ralls could develop a good partnership

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 21:01
    I'm pretty sure Ralls and Adeyemi would be even better.
    Some of Whitts' passing today was sublime and I'm sure he was given more time because of the increased industry offered by Ralls.