+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket renewals- how many have their been and how many will their be?

Season ticket renewals- how many have their been and how many will their be?

I'd say less than 1000 so far but we should get up to about 8000 in total. Predictions?

Re: Season ticket renewals- how many have their been and how many will their be?

I think there are around 17k this season. Losing 30% would give around 11k which is where I think sales will be.

Re: Season ticket renewals- how many have their been and how many will their be?

Valleyboy
    Der Kaiser

About it I reckon

I've renewed mine and the bloke I was chatting to in the pub before the match has renewed his, so there'll be at least two of us next season.

My brother has renewed mine,his and 2 other family members. Which reminds me I forgot to give him the money for it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 23:40
    My brother has renewed mine,his and 2 other family members. Which reminds me I forgot to give him the money for it today.
    Well that's 6 of us. Any more?

I will be, but not until it's due

I've renewed 8 out of the 9 I had this year.

I haven't and I won't be so that's three less in our house.

Are the club actually doing a deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 08:03
    There was a deadline to guarantee your seat before they go on open sale. I can't remember the exact date, but I think it was early March

Done my 3. We're well into double figures now!

Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-2 015-2241528.aspx#dATsYOeIeVEhLTqA.99

Wasn't there some grand plan to leave it til the last minute to give the club a bit of a fright?

More people would renew if we were playing well, with a decent Manager, in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Føggøn wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 08:54
    SALES INFORMATION
    Thanks for that- wonder of the club will be worried or if are expecting this amount of poor sales?

My family of season ticket holders dwindled from 12 to 9 this season and I may be the only one next season.

The deal isn't great. Prices may have held but the football standards have simply not. The reasons for having a season ticket have diminished as we can easily get what seat we want any match, away tickets are easy to get etc and as we have seen, many fans are no longer bothered being there every match.

A couple of my family still intend going to games but will pick and choose. We've a 35000 seater so they can. That means not bothering with Tuesday night freezing games against Rotherham, only the diehards will bother.

Problem is, when push comes to shove, are the fans who pick and choose games next season going to bother paying £31 match day prices? Unless we're competitive, of course not.

I won't be

I was thinking about a third not renewing so down to 12'000 but this is the first new season in ages where there is no plan to try and win promotion and every week the sense of hopelessness with a useless manager still in charge grows. By May it could be down to 10k renewals and with the financial penalty for walk up fans it's hard to see above an average 12 k next season unless things change.

I used to watch the Cardiff Blues in a near empty stadium when they were at the CCS and the awful atmosphere made it a less than attractive place to go on a cold day. Those who miss a cold and half empty Ninian Park will get to relive the 1990s.

Can't bring myself to renew with the type of football, lack of vision and sense at the club and of course the useless manager and owner there at the moment. I think that I will go into a period of transition until all that is sorted.

Just remember how many of the current season ticket holders renewed by this time last year when we were

1. Still in the premier league and there was a realistic chance we would stay up

2. Or if we went down there was a chance we could bounce straight back- the revOLEution.

However obviously neither applies now and as nigel says- there will around 20,000 seats available for sale each game- can't see the club sticking to the current match day prices as nobody will pay £35- interesting that they haven't announced match day prices yet- they can't really as if they do and they are reasonable then that would make season ticket sales even less likely. No win for the club on that really.

I've renewed my 2. I'm looking forward to the optimism returning one day - in the meantime I'll endure the painful periods where we struggle as there isn't much else I can do. Not going doesn't help the team to get better - less people there then the less money we can spend under FFP.

I know it's just entertainment in the end but I am surprised about how many long-term fans are giving up - it seems like the one taste of success has turned a load of us into the glory hunters that we all used to despise.

Like the club, it seems the fanbase will have to go through a transition before we can establish another core of fans who care beyond the scoreline each week.

Oriental dragons and an investor who spunked £174m at the roulette table and now WE have to pay it back, Tan can suck on my gnarled shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 11:54
    Oriental dragons and an investor who spunked £174m at the roulette table and now WE have to pay it back, Tan can suck on my gnarled shaft.
    I ma renewing but I doubt my mate will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 11:59
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 11:54
    How are WE paying it back?