+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket renewals- how many have their been and how many will their be?

Re: Season ticket renewals- how many have their been and how many will their be?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 23:13
    until i can understand the plans for the club and that wanker Tan then i can't be giving any more money. we need some serious direction and i cant see either the manager or the owner providing that. until then it will continue to drift away from being my / our club
    Quote Originally Posted by olderblue wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 23:08
    At least we in blue though hey? Maybe it is only a colour after all.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 23:05
    if we had remained in red you could have watched them on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 22:58
    Yes because red only became an issue when the team started performing badly and the rebrand would have provided a convenient excuse for people not to renew- now the rebrand is reversed at least people are being honest- they don't want to pay to watch rubbish football.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 22:47
    The rebrand was an absolute irrelevance to our crowds- history will show that in a crystal clear fashion. Apart from showing crowds went up when we were in red of course.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 22:45
    Quote Originally Posted by skewblue wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 20:52
    Yes the red days were great, relegated from the premier league fans turning on one another, crowds dropping like a lead balloon.
    I do however believe there were a fair number of people ready to use the rebrand as an excuse for not attending but now that excuse has been taken away they still won't renew. To be fair it's not difficult to find reasons to not renew with us at the moment and the club don't even seem that bothered either way either (not even sending out renewal forms etc...) but I just believe our crowds are reverting back to their natural level. It's not a bad thing- just the way it is.

Re: Season ticket renewals- how many have their been and how many will their be?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 23:42
    until i can understand the plans for the club and that wanker Tan then i can't be giving any more money. we need some serious direction and i cant see either the manager or the owner providing that. until then it will continue to drift away from being my / our club
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 23:13
    At least we in blue though hey? Maybe it is only a colour after all.....
    Quote Originally Posted by olderblue wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 23:08
    if we had remained in red you could have watched them on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 23:05
    Yes because red only became an issue when the team started performing badly and the rebrand would have provided a convenient excuse for people not to renew- now the rebrand is reversed at least people are being honest- they don't want to pay to watch rubbish football.
    The rebrand was an absolute irrelevance to our crowds- history will show that in a crystal clear fashion. Apart from showing crowds went up when we were in red of course.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 22:47
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 22:45
    Yes the red days were great, relegated from the premier league fans turning on one another, crowds dropping like a lead balloon.
    Quote Originally Posted by skewblue wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 20:52
    Unfortunately the red has left a taste with many that Tan treated us with disdain and they are struggling to get over it.
    Fluctuating attendances with results on the pitch of course happens at every club. It seems however to be used on here sometimes to try to trivialise the effect of the rebrand for some reason. Even when this now seems to be acknowledged by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie james wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 15:48
    As customers, the product which the club is offering up at the moment is lacklustre to say the least.
    Robbie James, I think you're wrong stating that. There will be hundreds, if not thousands that have been there 10+ years but will not renew because of the rebrand, the lies, the new badge with STILL Tan's influence on it, the useless manager, the crap football, but most of all, because the Club have treated the fans like dirt and they no longer feel obliged to part with their hard earned money.

I doubt (once again) that the club will be honest enough to give out the figures either. Lets see on the 31 March.

It's all about results. If we start winning the fans will come back.

Me and my old man have had STs for over a decade but we are not renewing. It's more to do with falling out of love with club football for the time being. I'll take in a game here and there at the County and City.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the money to watch a mid-table team going nowhere, in a flat, boring atmosphere.

Safe-standing is the light at the end of the tunnel though. It'll get a bit better then

Quote Originally Posted by 14TheFuture wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 00:30
    Me and my old man have had STs for over a decade but we are not renewing. It's more to do with falling out of love with club football for the time being. I'll take in a game here and there at the County and City.
    We already have safe standing at the City, albeit not officially. I can't see how it will make any difference to us really.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 09:17
    Quote Originally Posted by 14TheFuture wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 00:30
    Personally, I don't think it's worth the money to watch a mid-table team going nowhere, in a flat, boring atmosphere.
    To be fair to the club this is one thing they did very well at CCS - the canton stand being unofficially the standing end of the ground.

The rebrand was an absolute irrelevance to our crowds - history will show that in a crystal clear fashion.

Not renewing, going to save the money and a do a few more away.

Build a big new stand and they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 10:25
    Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 22:58] The rebrand was an absolute irrelevance to our crowds - history will show that in a crystal clear fashion.
    The difference in the size of the crowds would be similar with any other club going through the same dip on the field.The Premier League glory boys have gone and many more won't put up with the fare being served up on the field.If by magic-and it would have to be-we were knocking the door for promotion next season the crowds would come flooding back with people like yourself being the exception. Nowt as funny as folk-a successful side and watch the crowds increase!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 12:37
    The difference in the size of the crowds would be similar with any other club going through the same dip on the field.The Premier League glory boys have gone and many more won't put up with the fare being served up on the field.If by magic-and it would have to be-we were knocking the door for promotion next season the crowds would come flooding back with people like yourself being the exception. Nowt as funny as folk-a successful side and watch the crowds increase!!
    The effects of the re-brand are ongoing despite Tan's spectacular u-turn and attendances will continue to reflect that, especially now that those who were hunting glory in 2012/13 and 2013/14 are jumping off the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 13:12
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 12:37
    Of course, but this club and its idiotic owner have unwittingly managed to piss off and alienate a significant percentage of supporters who would previously have fitted into the 'diehard' category regardless of the team's results and style of play. That was never going to be a good idea for a club in Cardiff's situation and the full effects are only being felt now that the team is in decline. No doubt they will become even more clearly apparent next season.
    your first two lines says it all

I distinctly remember being told that fans who stopped going "wouldn't be missed" and there were fans "queuing round the block" for their seats.

Is this not the case?

I have renewed. So well into a few hundred already!
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 12:37
    The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 10:25] The rebrand was an absolute irrelevance to our crowds - history will show that in a crystal clear fashion.
    History will show that the full effects of the re-brand were only felt when the team's performances dipped.
    Forest, Derby, Leicester, Leeds, Wolves, Ipswich, Norwich ... have not dipped that low.

We don't have the core support that Leeds , forest ,wolves and derby do

We will be looking at gates of 15 k next season if there is nothing riding on it

How anybody can accuse a Cardiff City fan of being a glory hunter is a complete bloody mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vincent Tan wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 23:21
    I think there are around 17k this season. Losing 30% would give around 11k which is where I think sales will be.

Renewed my 2 - hope that this is a 'transitional' season!

I feel disconnected and disenfranchised with the club. I kept going through the promotion season and the premier league season because it seemed I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face after following the team for more than 40 years but I can't say I enjoyed it, even the win over man city I politely applauded yet I went mental when Ben Turner equalised in the last minute of the Carling Cup final - it was alien seeing us playing in red and it was like we had become a plaything of a very rich dictatorial man. I know that's modern football but no other club with rich owners had their identity trampled all over on one huge ego trip.

Illness has prevented me from attending quite a few home games this season as its a 350 mile round trip so I've had little value from my 2 season tickets this year ( some would say I've got better value than actually attending!).

I definitely wouldn't have renewed if we stayed in red, now I face the dilemma of whether to renew because he has put the blue back but the prospect of another season watching Slade's brand of football while still feeling this disconnection to my club counter balances the return to blue. Will probably decide in the last week

"transitional season" for me.. Hopefully will feel like getting a Season Ticket for 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone wrote on Thu, 12 March 2015 10:22
    I feel disconnected and disenfranchised with the club. I kept going through the promotion season and the premier league season because it seemed I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face after following the team for more than 40 years but I can't say I enjoyed it, even the win over man city I politely applauded yet I went mental when Ben Turner equalised in the last minute of the Carling Cup final - it was alien seeing us playing in red and it was like we had become a plaything of a very rich dictatorial man. I know that's modern football but no other club with rich owners had their identity trampled all over on one huge ego trip.
    It'd be interesting to know what the fans reactions to these changes were. All their worlds are still turning though and so is City's,for now. I hope you get your enthusiasm back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 23:15
    I'd say less than 1000 so far but we should get up to about 8000 in total. Predictions?
    Renewing all ours city till we die