+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ques:- When do you finally realise your team are shit?

Ques:- When do you finally realise your team are shit?

Ans:- When you have far too many bogey teams

Re: Ques:- When do you finally realise your team are shit?

We have always been shit which is why beating Leeds when they were top of the prem was so special

Its all gone sour now though, amazing really considering we are a division higher and in no real danger of relegation

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 02:57
    We have always been shit which is why beating Leeds when they were top of the prem was so special
    I find I'm quite OK about the situation so long as I don't spend too much time on this messageboard surrounded by a load of lemmings all looking to outdo each other in the 'woe is me' stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 12:37
    Its all gone sour now though, amazing really considering we are a division higher and in no real danger of relegation
    Strangely it is not phasing me a great deal.Still the same group I go with-all re-newing for next season as we enjoy each others company,prepared to put up with the bad times as we enjoyed the good times.Clearly don't take it seriouly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 12:54
    This is the correct answer. I also agree that we've lost a sense of perspective during the 'glory' years (which were anything but in reality). Unfortunately we messed up this one opportunity to become something better through some quite spectacular own goals.
    I think Trollope is bringing something to the party - we need to get the whole off-field stuff sorted though so that we do not send unprepared teams on the pitch. Also, someone needs to work with Macheda A LOT to show him where to be on the pitch when he doesn't have the ball. He is seriously rubbish at reading the game

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:10
    This is the correct answer. I also agree that we've lost a sense of perspective during the 'glory' years (which were anything but in reality). Unfortunately we messed up this one opportunity to become something better through some quite spectacular own goals.
    I find I'm quite OK about the situation so long as I don't spend too much time on this messageboard surrounded by a load of lemmings all looking to outdo each other in the 'woe is me' stakes.
    First paragraph 100% correct

I can think of one. Manga. And he'll be playing for a team in the Prem next season.

Not always - the mid 1920s was good. But in my experience - YES. Sometimes it was not about gallows humour - which at least has a sense of adventure about it. Sometimes (often?) it was just plain old BORING.

When they appoint a manager who is totally sh^t.

Slade being the most recent example.