+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stewarding issues

Stewarding issues

As a previous thread on this question has mentioned to issues that happend yesterday.

A lady was ejected from the ground for not sitting properly on her sit.

The definition of the word to sit is as follows "to rest with the body supported by the buttocks or thighs; be seated. "

according to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sit
    this website.

The lady was then ejected at half time well carried outside and dumped on the ground by the stewards. (from reports I have heard)

Whay is going on down at the ground it really is getting beyond a joke. Block 116 which appears to be targeted by stewards were all sat down.

Then as jeepster has mentioned to be told again by a steward to face the other way! and not look at the Charlton fans.

What is going on. Is this how Cardiff City treat their customers!

Is it just one block that has this problem or is it all over the Cardiff City stadium?

Re: Stewarding issues

Quote Originally Posted by city1927 wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 09:51
    As a previous thread on this question has mentioned to issues that happend yesterday.
    When you assume the appearance of power, people soon give it to you.

Home supporters are treated worserer than the away supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Føggøn wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 10:02
    Home supporters are treated worserer than the away fans.
    Good job there is some sort of stockholm syndrome going on amongst our support then

Tan's greatest trick was convincing fans they were customers after all.

Everyone has a camera phone these days, if they give you hassle you should get your mate to film you chinning the steward and put it on YouTube, that'll show them

Quote Originally Posted by ElyBlueAJ wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 12:49
    Everyone has a camera phone these days, if they give you hassle you should get your mate to film you chinning the steward and put it on YouTube, that'll show them
    Then they'll put that on YouTube.

Travel Club meeting on Tuesday.

If you know one of the reps let them know.
    If not PM me what happened and I'll take it up.

One of the lads was asked to sit down 10 mins before the game as he was chatting to someone.

Also last week a guy at the back of the stand was told to sit down even though there was no one behind him !
    It's OTT.

Think that same guy has been banned for 5 games as well.
    It really is getting OTT now.
    It is almost as if they want to stop people going to games
    I know at least 3 fans who have been banned for 5 games for standing and they have not blocked anybodies view at all due to being at the back of a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by city1927 wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:50
    Think that same guy has been banned for 5 games as well.
    'If you tolerate this then your children will be next' ?

they do have have a thankless job but there is a way to do it right,yesterday one of them in orange hiviz was stood in front of me i said can you sit down or move because i cant see his reply was i dont give a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 12:52
    Then they'll get the opportunity to film you clinging to the window bars at Cardiff Nick, peering out watching all the traffic going by.
    Every revolution has it's teething problems

Quote Originally Posted by ElyBlueAJ wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 14:42
    Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 12:52
    Then they'll get the opportunity to film you clinging to the window bars at Cardiff Nick, peering out watching all the traffic going by.
    Then they'll put that on YouTube.
    Put a High-Vis vest on a Steward and the crowd cower away thinking it's Kryptonite.

bunch of utter wankers. often failed policeman due to incredibly low IQ levels and no appreciation of how to talk to people in the right manner

Reserve

Block 116 is definitely bring targeted. At yesterdays game the lady in question was sat when the heavy handed stewards came up and started giving her a hard time. Since we've been in the stadium we have always been told that you can sit with the seat in the up right position apparently that is no longer the case. I was sat directly behind her and there was obsecuring of my view.

Last week also saw a fan ejected from 116 with high hsnded stewarding tactics.

what annoyed me most was the constant policing of 116 whilst blocks 115/114 were standing and the steward in the empty stand behind us ignored them until we started pointing it out to him.

For CCFC Stadium Staff if you continue to treat your customers in this manner thenstand b, as you won't have many left to worry sbout.

This year has seen garbage on the field with high handed stewarding won't be doing 10 hour round trips next season.

You'd think the club would be sending stewards over to the retail park, picking up people from there and carrying them into the ground, not ejecting those of if mad enough to still pay to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 22:29
    You'd think the club would be sending stewards over to the retail park, picking up people from there and carrying them into the ground, not ejecting those of if mad enough to still pay to get in.

Nothing like that going on in 114 but then we only stand up when something
    exciting happens which has been very rare this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:40
    Travel Club meeting on Tuesday.
    In the top tier? That was hilarious- senior steward came up in injury time to ask the guy in back row of the top tier to sit down- was only about 25 left of us in the entire block and were 93 minutes on the clock!