+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When do you finally realise that the Manager is shit?

When do you finally realise that the Manager is shit?

Ole was the Swansea game when he dropped Noone & Mutch.

Slade, I've felt he was doing his best until yesterday. I now realise he is fecking hopeless.

Re: When do you finally realise that the Manager is shit?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:15
    When I saw the team sheet in the pub before the game!!!

The man is a plank.

End of fred.

B 2 B.

Yesterday was when I thought he was a lunatic.

Convincing scoreline in the previous game, away from home, and he changes the team

Honestly makes no ****ing sense.

1994. when he got his first job. been shit ever since

The reality hit me yesterday too - changing a winning team

As soon as he was appointed.

You don't get to 54 and never have managed above league one level, unless there's a good reason. That reason, is he's very limited and not very good.

Hence why no club above league one level had ever taken a chance on him, when they had a vacancy. I cannot recall ever reading or hearing his name, linked with any vacancies in the upper divisions.

Personally, I'd like to see him sacked now, so a new manager could use the rest of the season to have a look at the squad, and put in place plans for next season.

I'd take Adkins, Lambert or Warnock.

It would be a wise buisiness move by the club as well, as a decent appointment would add thousands to season ticket sales.

If Slade stays, most fans will have little expectation for next season, other than possibly a relegation fight.

look at his cv, ffs! Armitage,Notts County,Sheff Unt(briefly) Scarborough, Grimsby, Yeovil, Brighton(briefly) Orient. That's 20 years of excellence. Ideal for a club who have just come down from the Prem(sarcasm)

It was very obvious from early in his reign that Slade wasn't up to it. We should have appointed a young up and coming Manager like Gary Rowett, the job Rowett has done at Birmingham is brilliant. He was appointed just before Slade took over us and were way behind us in terms of points. I thought they were nailed on for relegation. They're now ahead of us. It really puts into perspective what Slade has done for us, when you compare him with Rowett.

When Leyton Orient were about to sack him, we soon solved that problem.

Give him time, he's making the side hard to beat....the opposing side

But he is just clueless at this level

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 22:39
    Slade, I've felt he was doing his best until yesterday. I now realise he is fecking hopeless.
    42 Wilson

I actually agree with what the OP is getting at. That swansea team selection by ole confused everyone and showed he was out of his depth. I'

I've been pretty balanced about slade and really want him to do well- there were some encouraging signs yesterday (winning the possession battle and looking comfortable for 80% of the game) but it was the type of day that left me feeling it just isn't going to work for him here- no one thing that happened but just the team selection (more to do with the message it sent out that annoyed me) and his subs in particular (no other manager in the world would have brought revell on in those circumstances) just added up to a feeling he has no plan and doesn't know where he is going.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 22:39
    Or when he flicked the coin, tails was playing and heads dropped.

Ok a like for like CM I should have said, I didn't even look at the big screen for the subs, surprised O'keefe was ahead of Adeyemi?

Yesterday had NOTHING to do with Slade. I was sat directly behind him - he did nothing all game, didnt speak to the players, didnt speak to the other staff - trollope etc - he seems utterly starstruck - he is an IDIOT and needs to walk now - but he wont .......

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:39
    As soon as he was appointed.
    Agree

Unless Macalaney was injured his substitution on the hour was a terrible error by the inept City boss.

1-0 up and you take off your best player, the one most likely to spark something.

Mind you a manager cannot do much about (i) Whittingham's pathetic header out of the box leading to their equaliser and (ii) Revell's equally poor header leading to the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:39
    Unless Macalaney was injured his substitution on the hour was a terrible error by the inept City boss.
    Well he can, he should have left them both out of the side! I love Whitts but hes off form and after Tuesday Ralls should have kept his place. What exactly does Revell offer?