+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What's needed at the club?

What's needed at the club?

I'd say that the biggest issue for me at the moment is that there is no defining strategy at the club. Ever since Mackay got the boot, every aspect of the club's actions and behaviour has been carried out on a whim and stinks of a group of people who have no idea how a football club should be run.

The past season and a half has been a monumental balls up, culminating in the appointment of a bloke (Slade) who shouldn't be anywhere near this level of football. Most fans would probably welcome the cost cutting, even if it is late in coming and forced to a certain degree, but with this new found austerity there needs to be a plan and philosophy that should be adhered too and I don't think Russell Slade is a man that could muster a Chinese proverb never mind a top to bottom philosophical change in style or identity.

The club have tried the 'money' route, travelled down 'Ole' avenue and have reached the end of the road, stalling at slades cul de sac, wouldn't it be better to get a manager in who is progressive, has a keen eye for young players on the fringes or decent contacts abroad? even if it takes another ten years in order to reach fruition, surely supporters would atleast know what to expect and understand what is happening on the pitch and within the club.

As it stands, it's a crisp packet in the wind, where it'll end up is anyone's guess.

Re: What's needed at the club?

The Club is devoid of "football people" behind the scenes.

Until this is addressed, we are fecked from the First team down to the Development squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 15:24
    I'd say that the biggest issue for me at the moment is that there is no defining strategy at the club. Ever since Mackay got the boot, every aspect of the club's actions and behaviour has been carried out on a whim and stinks of a group of people who have no idea how a football club should be run.
    The rest I agree with.

Posted similar earlier.

Below in 'Does our club have a plan ?'

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 15:45
    Posted similar earlier.
    Sorry Tim, didn't scroll down the board to take a look, i'll have a read and get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 15:52
    Posted similar earlier.
    I'm just chuffed someone else was thinking similar thoughts

£1 Bluebird face paint!

Roberto Di Matteo.

B 2 B.

'Never knowing where to turn to when the rain set in'.

Nice of the OP to practice his creative writing on here. It was a well penned post but it is only his opinion.
    There is a strategy at the moment it was one of cost cutting which saved 12 million on the wage bill and allowed the current manager to bring in some players of his choice.
    Whether the group of persons running the club know any thing about football is a matter of opinion.
    Slade would be near this level of football albeit for a narrow defeat last season.
    And who is the progressive manager who is well connected with fringe and foreign players that would like to manage Cardiff City?
    And as for a ten year plan, when does it start and end? You could argue that we are well into a plan that has seen us move out of a dilapidated stadium into modern facilities with a youth academy with the bills being paid on time not to mention promotion to the Premier League. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LoudounSquareLurker wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 20:13
    Nice of the OP to practice his creative writing on here. It was a well penned post but it is only his opinion.
    As it stands, it's very difficult to actually get a grip on what the future holds, i'm not talking budgets or star signings. What I would like to see is a club that has a mandate that I can understand. Just because the club is dipping in the cheap end of the transfer market, it doesn't mean that their shouldn't be a vision. Only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LoudounSquareLurker wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 20:13
    If that was to happen, then maybe managers of the quality we need would not be put off coming here - it's my firm belief that the quality of applicants when the manager's job becomes available is not of the quality it should be for a club of our size and potential because, rightly or wrongly, there is a perception that they will not be allowed to do their job without interference on the footballing side of things.

As it stands, it's a crisp packet in the wind, where it'll end up is anyone's guess.

SPOT ON. TOP POST.

I think we need a new badge.

New gaffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 16:42
    Posted similar earlier.
    Sorry Tim, didn't scroll down the board to take a look, i'll have a read and get back to you
    You and a few thousand others

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 07:39
    There is a strategy at the moment it was one of cost cutting which saved 12 million on the wage bill and allowed the current manager to bring in some players of his choice.
    We,desperately need a clear strategy going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:37
    Posted similar earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 16:42
    I'm just chuffed someone else was thinking similar thoughts
    Where's Colonel's graph about how much "on a whim" has been posted on here?

Tan has to leave. The club has to take an administration asap - before relegation to league one, to leave space for two relegations before the club hopefully bounces back.

I don't see much "in between"

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 10:49
    Tan has to leave. The club has to take an administration asap - before relegation to league one, to leave space for two relegations before the club hopefully bounces back.
    The only other scenario I can see is the end of professional football in Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 10:58
    Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 10:49
    I don't see much "in between"
    The Court would only issue an Administration Order where it can be shown that the Company, if provided with protection from its creditors, can be reasonably expected to trade out of its present difficulties and return to normal trading. I am not sure that this would be the case and , in my opinion, we would be looking at a Liquidation scenario.

TVB what a load of bollocks you have posted. We will not go into administration. We will not be relegated any time soon. And Tan wont be going anywhere for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 07:39
    You were told by someone you trust! So maybe some facts, maybe more opinion and speculation. Thanks for the reply.

I could give you more details as to why what I have said is not an opinion, but that would be betraying a confidence and I'm not going to do that.

There were enough facts, not opinions, in what I posted to prove that there has been a big change of policy at the club in a relatively short space of time - we are a shambles plain and simple.