+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thanks for the applause yesterday

Thanks for the applause yesterday

Not all the ground realised or knew about the terrible events at Storey Arms last night but thanks to all who applauded on 17 minutes yesterday.

Those involved are all lifelong friends of my family and all the deceased were going to a festival this summer with my boys. Luke, my stepson, spent the weekend speaking to several of the family members and visiting the other 2 boys in hospital. One remains critical, the other will thankfully be fine but Luke had to break the news to him about the others in the car, his mother couldn't.

The boys have strong football connections as fans, sponsors or playing the game. Corey was expected to become a first year pro at Cardiff City this summer. all are well known in the local community.

Three dead youngsters and one more in a very serious state is simply awful and my heart goes out to the elderly lady killed too as well as her seriously ill husband.

yesterday's game passed me by. I was there, City lost and it really didn't matter in the slightest. Life is wonderful and to be enjoyed but it can be shite at times and this is one of them.

So sorry to all the friends and family involved in this awful incident. It affects too many, and plenty more far more personally than myself.

But thanks again for the applause, I hope the families can take some comfort knowing about it at what must be the very worst time in their lives.

Re: Thanks for the applause yesterday

Awful mate, rip

RIP

My nephew was in one of the cars at the crash( Joe ). I still had no idea what the applause was for.

Sorry I didn't join in, had no idea what it was for. Rip to those involved

Very sad, so young,, so sad for the 68 year old grandmother in other car. Awful waste of life, families must be distraught.

RIP Nigel so very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by pompeyblue wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 20:24
    RIP Nigel so very sad.
    Tragic story, and condolences to all those affected.

Heartbreaking. Deepest condolences to the loved ones.

Did not know what the applause was for,what a tragic waste of so many lives rip.

I wasn't sure what the applause was for but stood up and went with it. Deepest sympathies and condolences to all of those affected by this terrible tragedy.

I'm so sorry Nigel. I had no idea. Our thoughts are with you.