+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loan watch

Loan watch

With the expiration of his contract due in the summer it looks as though Kevin McNaughton has run the ball out of play for the last time as a City player having suffered a broken leg in Bolton's draw with Reading on Tuesday.An unfortunate end to a messy final year or so for him here.A great servant of the club(and one of only two players to feature in all four of our recent Wembley appearances),hopefully he'll be able to make a half-time appearance before the season's end to say his goodbyes.Adam Le Fondre set up the Bolton goal in that game but Joe Lewis is being left out by Blackpool as they start to plan ahead for next season.

A washout in League 1.I presume Declan John signed too late to make the Barnsley squad but they've now won 5 in a row (with 5 clean sheets) so he may have to wait for his chance anyway.Rhys Healey didn't make the Colchester squad having returned from illness last week and Ben Nugent seems out of favour at Yeovil.Tommy O'Sullivan returned to the club last week having failed to break into a winning Port Vale side but an excellent performance for our u-21s suggests that a breakthrough at league level isn't far away.

In League 2,another good week for Deji Oshilaja with a clean sheet on Tuesday being followed by his first goal for AFC Wimbledon yesterday in a 2-1 win.David Tutonda continues to fill the left back role for Newport but a disappointing week sees them overtaken in the play-off race by Stevenage,for whom Danny Johnson had his loan extended for another month despite struggling for pitch time.

On to the players who are now in strange,far away places.Filip Kiss come on late again for Ross County as they won their fourth game in a row but Javi Guerra and Etien Velikonja didn't make their squads.Not sure if this was form or fitness related (the same goes for Daehli at Freiburg by the way,has anyone got any idea what's happening there?) .KTC's St Etienne won 2-0,he's now made nearly 30 appearances for them this season.

Among our ex-players,Eikrem and Berget scored again for Malmo in a 4-0 cup win,Luke Coulson scored in a 3-1 win for Oxford City and Roger Johnson had a comfortable stroll in the sunshine as Charlton won their game 2-1.

Re: Loan watch

Jay Bothroyd got 2 goals on his debut in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 20:03
    With the expiration of his contract due in the summer it looks as though Kevin McNaughton has run the ball out of play for the last time as a City player having suffered a broken leg in Bolton's draw with Reading on Tuesday.An unfortunate end to a messy final year or so for him here.A great servant of the club(and one of only two players to feature in all four of our recent Wembley appearances),hopefully he'll be able to make a half-time appearance before the season's end to say his goodbyes.Adam Le Fondre set up the Bolton goal in that game but Joe Lewis is being left out by Blackpool as they start to plan ahead for next season.
    Gutted for Super-Kev. One of my favourite players to wear a City shirt and the photo of him being carried shoulder high after promotion is iconic for me, he always gave 100% and earned/deserved that promotion

Guerra can't get in the squad, that's pretty funny.

Kev has been a great servant to the club and it would be sad if he just disappeared without some sort of farewell.

Thanks for the informative update

Petition for McNaughton to get a testimonial

Thanks Loramski. I watch the Bundesliga highlights show every week and, although I see on Wikipedia that he's played twice for Freiburg, I've still not heard Daehli's name mentioned - maybe he's playing as poorly for them as he did for us for much of the time this season?

Banned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 06:48
    A washout in League 1.I presume Declan John signed too late to make the Barnsley squad but they've now won 5 in a row (with 5 clean sheets) so he may have to wait for his chance anyway.Rhys Healey didn't make the Colchester squad having returned from illness last week and Ben Nugent seems out of favour at Yeovil.Tommy O'Sullivan returned to the club last week having failed to break into a winning Port Vale side but an excellent performance for our u-21s suggests that a breakthrough at league level isn't far away.
    Heretic

Cheers Loanamski - best loan news on the MB. Nothing to get too upset about this week - sorry - apart from Super Kev, which is really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 06:48
    Thanks Loramski. I watch the Bundesliga highlights show every week and, although I see on Wikipedia that he's played twice for Freiburg, I've still not heard Daehli's name mentioned - maybe he's playing as poorly for them as he did for us for much of the time this season?
    O ye of little faith.I've just had a bit of a dig around and it seems that Daehli is regarded as a dribblekunstler over there but has been suffering from patellasehnenreizung (that was with the 'translate' facility on too).From what I can make out,that means he's a master of the dribble but has had problems with his patellar tendon.Back in training last week.