+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thatcher, paedophile supporter...

Re: Thatcher, paedophile supporter...

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 15:38
    Gawd you can hardly breathe for the all-pervading stench of sanctimonious bullshit on here! It's like an undergraduate Common Room only 10 times worse. I've even learned that Ched Evans is a paedophile? New one on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 14:41
    I'm not going into specifics, but as one who lived through the union strangleholds of the 60s and 70s, the thought of what this country would have become if it hadn't been for the Thatcher reforms of working practices during the 80s, does not bear thinking about. Quite simply she pulled Britain back from the brink and made us viable and competitive again. Those of you who don't like it would be better off in North Korea- goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:47
    On a personal note, she did more for my old Mam up in Merthyr than any self-satisfied, bloated Labour council or administration ever did - she allowed her and made it possible for her to become a property owner, albeit a modest one. For that alone, I applaud her. RIP Maggie - I wish we had your indomitable leadership still available to us. God knows we've never needed it more than we do at present, both at home and abroad.
    Wonderful generalisation

Gawd you can hardly breathe for the all-pervading stench of sanctimonious bullshit on here! It's like an undergraduate Common Room only 10 times worse. I've even learned that Ched Evans is a paedophile? New one on me.
    I don't understand how any supporter of Thatcher can back her on that - or accept Cameron's attempts to keep it secret.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 15:47
    I'm not going into specifics, but as one who lived through the union strangleholds of the 60s and 70s, the thought of what this country would have become if it hadn't been for the Thatcher reforms of working practices during the 80s, does not bear thinking about. Quite simply she pulled Britain back from the brink and made us viable and competitive again. Those of you who don't like it would be better off in North Korea- goodbye.
    On a personal note, she did more for my old Mam up in Merthyr than any self-satisfied, bloated Labour council or administration ever did - she allowed her and made it possible for her to become a property owner, albeit a modest one. For that alone, I applaud her. RIP Maggie - I wish we had your indomitable leadership still available to us. God knows we've never needed it more than we do at present, both at home and abroad.
    I notice they didn't challenge what you said-just that it wasn't appropriate to the thread!! As if that's something new on this board Your point about her leadership is spot on when you look at the quality of those leading the various parties today.It is sanctimonious bullshit time with the election not far away-just have to grin and bear it!!
    Her and her mate Ronnie set in motion the events that would make both countries the most indebted nations in the history of mankind. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 15:57
    I notice they didn't challenge what you said-just that it wasn't appropriate to the thread!! As if that's something new on this board Your point about her leadership is spot on when you look at the quality of those leading the various parties today.It is sanctimonious bullshit time with the election not far away-just have to grin and bear it!!
    Yeah great, destroy manufacturing and open up the banking sector and let them do what they want until we are 1.5 trillion in debt. What brilliant foresight the woman had.
    He rolls them out one after the other!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:53
    Tough choice down west obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 15:55
    Hell yes! Questions by the truck load.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 16:38
    Yeah great, destroy manufacturing and open up the banking sector and let them do what they want until we are 1.5 trillion in debt. What brilliant foresight the woman had.
    Wonderful generalisation
    It's a fact that Reaganomics were a disaster, as shown by the unpayable debt racked up by both countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 17:06
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 16:38
    Wonderful generalisation
    Her and her mate Ronnie set in motion the events that would make both countries the most indebted nations in the history of mankind. Coincidence?
    And there was I thinking it was all down to the bankers!! I wonder where Greece,Spain,Portugal and Ireland lie in your list of indebted nations if USA and UK are one and two.

Smith was the Labour Mayor of Rochdale at the time. Do you seriously think Maggie would put herself out for him?

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 21:01
    She was Prime Minister, as such she would be privy to security information on all sorts of people. It is a matter of indisputable public record that she was warned on five separate occasions about her determination to make Jimmy Savile a Knight. Five times her advisors brought to her attention his sexual exploits and attitudes. He was a guest of hers for ten Christmases at Chequers.

Quite a lot of evidence that her father used to molest the young girls who worked in his shop.

Quote Originally Posted by BlooDevil wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 21:54
    Quite a lot of evidence that her father used to molest the young girls who worked in his shop.
    Where is this evidence?

"Anyone who seriously thinks that Margaret Thatcher would deliberately turn a blind eye to MPs sexually abusing children is either mad or is out to destroy her reputation. Why on Earth would she protect a Labour, Liberal or Liberal Democrat MP from prosecution? It is insane. Smith was a member of the Labour and then Liberal parties when committing these crimes.
    We can only wonder - what web did he spin that saved him from simply being swatted?

I remember a lot of people would have done anything for a Jim'll Fix It badge...

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 21:21
    But this thread isn't about her domestic policies; it's about her covering up for people who raped children. I'm glad your Mam's happy though.
    Looking around the net today it seems she was warned about Saville not because of any abuse but because he was by his own admission promiscuous and it was thought that it would send out the wrong message if a man with such a lifestyle was honoured at a time when concern about Aids was so widespread.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 01:53
    But this thread isn't about her domestic policies; it's about her covering up for people who raped children. I'm glad your Mam's happy though.
    My mam's dead. This thread is a total nonsense. Those were very different times when people were far more able to cover up discretions than in this very public time. All we have in most cases is conjecture and the benefit of 20-20 hindsight. I can do no better than to quote the totally appropriate response directly underneath the article. From a gentleman called James Brown:
    is true.

My mam's dead. This thread is a total nonsense. Those were very different times when people were far more able to cover up discretions than in this very public time. All we have in most cases is conjecture and the benefit of 20-20 hindsight. I can do no better than to quote the totally appropriate response directly underneath the article. From a gentleman called James Brown:
    What is the source of this? Are you saying that MI5 didn't have tabs on some weird fella who was all over the Prime Minister?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 06:12
    "Anyone who seriously thinks that Margaret Thatcher would deliberately turn a blind eye to MPs sexually abusing children is either mad or is out to destroy her reputation. Why on Earth would she protect a Labour, Liberal or Liberal Democrat MP from prosecution? It is insane. Smith was a member of the Labour and then Liberal parties when committing these crimes.
    And the committee's secretary said, in another letter, that Smith had been given the "benefit of the doubt" because he had not been prosecuted."

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 07:35
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 06:12
    And of course there is no way Sky News would be running this story if Mrs Thatcher was still alive and able to defend herself from these outrageous allegations."
    Hilarious all this pontificating by Labour Party supporters-clearly their party is squeaky clean-wait a minute though!!It's about time everyone realised the two main parties are one as bad as the other if you look at recent history.Forget the gutter sniping and get on with the election on present day issues which is far more relevant to what happened in 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 09:17
    And of course there is no way Sky News would be running this story if Mrs Thatcher was still alive and able to defend herself from these outrageous allegations."
    Smith was the Labour Mayor of Rochdale at the time. Do you seriously think Maggie would put herself out for him?
    It's nothing to do with party politics.

I'm certainly not voting Labour so back to the drawing board for you.

All paedophile apologists are sickening in my opinion whatever their belief system may be. I don't see any way that it can be justified.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100261439/the-ha rriet-harman-paedophilia-scandal-is-a-disaster-of-labours-ow n-making/

"A memorandum unearthed from the archives of the National Council for Civil Liberties show shows that [Patricia] Hewitt told a committee of campaigners including a man later convicted as a sex offender that a legal department headed by Harriet Harman would look at cases of sex between adults and children aged 14 to 16."

Im staggered at the response in this thread.

Are Tories guilty of covering up heinous crimes? Of course they are. Is Thatcher guilty? It seems so. Was Jimmy Savile guilty? Again it seems so despite there never being a case brought against him. Was Cyril Smith (a LibDem) guilty? It certainly seems so.

Three names above, all dead.

Now it might be a good idea for Labour supporters to focus on the past - ignoring the fact that they too were in power when Savile was alive - but its the present that is of most concern to me.

Harriet Harmon is the deputy leader of the Labour Party. She drove through new rules insisting that the leader of deputy leader must always be a woman - irrespective of talent. She was the prime mover in the sunset clause driving women-only shortlists. she has a skewed and sexist ideological agenda that is not shared by most people in this country.

She actually looked at the idea of sex between men and children and as a legal officer was responsible for protecting the 'rights' of PIE as a member of the NCCL.

This woman would stand in as Prime Minister in Milibands absence - like Prescott once did. If Miliband died in office she would be Prime Minister until such time as an election was held.

Say what you like about Cameron, Clegg or even Miliband they are all equally bad in their own way but the Labour Party has three ex-paedophile supporters in its heirarchy and that makes them quite unelectable in my eyes.

It took quite a while before Harmon even said sorry.

thats not right is it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 10:10
    the Labour Party has three ex-paedophile supporters in its heirarchy
    Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 09:30
    She was Prime Minister, as such she would be privy to security information on all sorts of people. It is a matter of indisputable public record that she was warned on five separate occasions about her determination to make Jimmy Savile a Knight. Five times her advisors brought to her attention his sexual exploits and attitudes. He was a guest of hers for ten Christmases at Chequers.
    Really?Only when it suits!!!