+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: New Badge

Re: New Badge

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 22:24
    This thread is so predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 22:12
    TLG and Jirga will be negative and sarcastic, TVB will just be negative, TBG will be pedantic, Penaeth Blues and Mario will be sensible, Baker and Cardiffi will be slightly weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 21:11
    The Vast majority will say it's ok and better than where we were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 20:37
    The End 😊
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Coch am Byth! wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 21:31
    new badge makes me think:
    Hang on, are you my wife? My wife is the only person I know that calls it Leckworth. She also says Adamstown.

I'm happy, would prefer just the circle and Bluebird (hate pointless shields) but can't really complain about the Bluebirdedness of it all.

I think people were hoping for a cool new design, but we got retro eighties instead.

The dragon at least has the Welsh dragon stance, which is a nice touch and can be easily changed in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 16:53
    That looks fine. No Fire & Passion, it's in the right colour; there is a bluebird on it. The dragon looks a bit odd simply because of scale. I've got no problem with it being there, we've had daffodils, footballs, a big yellow cross. Another dragon doesn't really bother me. If anything, the sort-of-3d effect and the shape of the crest is more offensive as they look a bit mid-90s, but if you blanked out the club name and asked a football supporter whose badge it was, I'm pretty sure they would be able to identify it as ours.
    The most important thing is can people tell at a glance that it's us and the answer is yes (unlike with the beermat).

IT NOW MATCHES MY MUG, COASTER, MOUSEMAT AND SCARF !

I can't quote on my phone, so hopefully you see this TBG.

I wasn't making any personal criticisms in fact I actually said you normally speak a lot of sense however I'm just disagreeing with you here. I think you're correct when you say overcomplicated designs don't transpire well at a smaller size in some cases (look at Wigan's old badge) but this new Cardiff badge is very simplistic. I just can't see how you're making that point on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baker wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 01:34
    I am not sure if you were born when I became aware that a map of London could easily be fitted on a pinhead, courtesy of vector data but you are welcome to both disbelieve all the above and to ignore the point totally.

TBG is responsible for registering trademarks?! I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned that before!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 05:17
    I wasn't making any personal criticisms in fact I actually said you normally speak a lot of sense however I'm just disagreeing with you here. I think you're correct when you say overcomplicated designs don't transpire well at a smaller size in some cases (look at Wigan's old badge) but this new Cardiff badge is very simplistic. I just can't see how you're making that point on this thread
    Thinly veiled 'F*ck off Baker' imo

TLG and Jirga will be negative and sarcastic, TVB will just be negative, TBG will be pedantic, Penaeth Blues and Mario will be sensible, Baker and Cardiffi will be slightly weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 05:17
    Yeah yeah, but what qualifys you on this subject?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 14:26
    Right, back to my cup of tea and to put my slippers on whilst trying to save the world via my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 14:33
    The End 😊
    Rebel!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 14:35
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 14:33
    The End 😊
    Sensible and predictable... **** I've become that boring bloke on the Internet, and he can't even spell my name right
    and the car is now ordered...

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 20:56
    When Tan is gone the club will go the same way as nobody in their right mind will fund a debt the size of CCFC. When clubs like Aston Villa and Newcastle can't find buyers we have no chance. Sometimes we have to be realistic. Tan has compromised and so should we.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 07:12
    TBG is responsible for registering trademarks?! I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned that before!
    Woz

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 14:53
    Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 20:56
    So he's maneouvred himself into a position where we're completely reliant on him. What's everyone complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 14:53
    Is that right? Or have I missed something?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNJOeq Y6K7_fPsGMLycBDEm35rmP6ddDYh2wATDR06HGvomC9v-g

This was my initial reaction was when I saw the dragon.

I thought City were being sponsored by woodworm.

[quote title=alfie sherwood wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 15:42][quote title=Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 14:53][quote title=Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 20:56][quote title=Lawnmower wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 20:37]This thread is so predictable.TLG and Jirga will be negative and sarcastic, TVB will just be negative, TBG will be pedantic, Penaeth Blues and Mario will be sensible, Baker and Cardiffi will be slightly weird.The Vast majority will say it's ok and better than where we were.The End 😊[/quote]I can be sarcastic if you like. Until Tan is gone I think you'll find that it's not only me who will be unremittingly "negative". [/quote]When Tan is gone the club will go the same way as nobody in their right mind will fund a debt the size of CCFC. When clubs like Aston Villa and Newcastle can't find buyers we have no chance. Sometimes we have to be realistic. Tan has compromised and so should we.[/quote]I'm not entirely sure that I understand what you're suggesting here: is it, that Tan has run up so much debt that when he eventually goes the club will die but in the meantime the good people of South Wales (who will eventually lose their football club) should play nice and compromise by letting him have a shitty red blob at the bottom of the badge? Is that right? Or have I missed something? [/quote]There was more than enough debt to bury us well before Tan got involved and as much as it may pain you, it most likely would have buried is had he not paid off the creditors.

If the dragon is male and has a pair of bollocks, then make them bigger and it will be in keeping with the rest of the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 15:42
    The End 😊
    That's correct. I know memories are short but surely not so short as to recall the perilous financial situations we have experienced in the past. I agree things are even worse than they have been due to mismanagement but surely for the sake of the club's very existence it is now time to draw a line under the grievances and move forward. Let's face it the red blob is not the issue for some supporters it is Tan himself. Tan has compromised on the shirt and badge and so should we.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 20:52
    The End 😊
    I can be sarcastic if you like.
    You are applying common sense sadly your words are wasted on those who are too far gone and twisted to see the truth when it is starring them in the face. I suspect its the death rattle from people who know they are fighting an ill judged lost cause.Nothing seems to please them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 19:24
    The End 😊
    I can be sarcastic if you like.
    I can understand the need for supporter unity. I can also entirely understand supporters wanting to get behind the team on the pitch but I'm still struggling with the notion that the supporters should include in that unity the man who has, in your words, "mismanaged" the club's finances so that they're in a worse state that than when he came in.

I take into consideration the possible implications of Tan leaving. Belatedly Tan has learned from his many mistakes and is attempting to get fans back onside by compromising on the kit and badge. Is that such a bad thing? We are in a situation where the club needs Tan more than he needs us. In order to create any degree of unity and to move forward, supporters need to draw a line under matters. I accept for a few this will not be possible but I would rather have a club to support than the alternatives which are too horrendous to contemplate.