+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Badge

Re: New Badge

The dragon is a bit weird but it is in it's right place and right dimension if there has to be a dragon at all.

9 out of 10 in my book.

I had imagined something similar to our pre-St David's badge but an oriental dragon replacing either the daffs or Welsh dragon. That would be definitely Cardiff City and (at last) a fusion between the two cultures, but it might have also been too messy for a sleek design.

That it's the oriental dragon and not a bluebird that has been an afterthought is great, but we still have something that is clearly an afterthought on our badge.

Mushu from Mulan at the bottom there.

Would have been better with the word Bluebirds at the bottom of the badge. No point complaining - it's better than the current beermat anyway.

First Team

It's a rather low rent and confused thing to my eye.
    Then again ,it is possibly a good representation of the club and where it stands in the opinion of some.

The typeface is the same as the "Cardiff City Football Club" one on the front of Ninian Park. I thought that was a nice touch.

People were always going to moan about whatever Tan inspired inclusion would be on the badge, but it's actually a very good design.

Our old badge was a bit shitty and this is a great update, it keeps the old badge shape whilst also incorporating the badge from the 70's that our older fans like.

I like the design, it's a good compromise.

If they got rid of the dragon I'd actually quite like the simplicity of it.

Brilliant!

It's a big improvement but the problem is when the badge inevitably gets resized to fit
    on websites, programmes, pin badges etc, the dragon just looks like a squiggle.

EDIT: Actually on second thought, it doesn't look all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by poc wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:13
    theres a ragworm on it

Reading the unveiling stuff on the main site it actually sounds like some thought has gone in to it.

Other than the Asian fusion stuff which makes it sound like a rice based ready meal.

In a word, crap.

Clipart for football badges.

Its alright I guess. The earwig is an interesting addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:40
    It's a big improvement
    Indeed. Such thinks are usually taken account of when logos are designed. Pretty basic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:29
    The dragon is a bit weird but it is in it's right place and right dimension if there has to be a dragon at all.
    Spedger

When it comes to branding the club is clueless.

It should,never have been changed in the first place.

The old badge still had a dragon on it ffs.

Could you imagine coca cola , Apple , bmw , etc etc suddenly changing thier logos on a whim ?

confused and half hearted ...... Just like the team.

Vinnie still doesn't get history does he ?

Being positive it's better than the fire and passion bollocks.

The dragon looks like a worm out of a children's book.

Its very white, would have been nice to see a small lebanese cedar tree next to the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:40
    Reading the unveiling stuff on the main site it actually sounds like some thought has gone in to it.
    Apart from the last couple of years obviously...

I can live with that. A massive improvement on the beermat.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:09
    The little dragon looks quite out of place but I mean, it's a million times better than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Bieber wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:08
    In the annals of CCFC history it should be referred to as The Red Insect badge.
    Looks more like a centipede than a dragon! But it's OK I suppose - it would be a little pedantic to object to the red. Much better than the one we've got though. With the Bluebird back in charge I wonder how long the insect will last.

Well I think we can safely assume that Vincent Tan's favourite film is Mulan. So much so, that he's even added his favourite character, Mushua, to the badge.

Still, miles better than the current badge.

I just find the club's arrogance breathtaking

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:47
    Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 09:40
    Other than the Asian fusion stuff which makes it sound like a rice based ready meal.
    There were always going to be certain people knocking this badge but it's much better than the current one and if It had had the Welsh dragon on it or the dragon from the cardiff City coat of arms worn for the 1927 final it would have been excellent imo.

Why the red line? Tan is a bugger in he.