+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Florida Hire Car

OT: Florida Hire Car

I'm in Orlando area for 3 weeks in May and looking to book a hire car. I'd love to book a classic American car for the entire period I'm there rather than the boing standard for focus etc but only found a few websites and the cost doesn't seem viable unless anyone has had more luck than me in the past here?

If I can't I'm looking to book a convertible Mustang instead but being under 25 I'm finding it difficult to find a decent price and confirmation online that it includes the under 25 surcharge.

Anyone been in my position and can reccomend a particular company to use? Any tips?

Cheers :)

Re: OT: Florida Hire Car

This seems to be the best out there, you may be able to do it through a cashback company and get up to 15% off

http://www.usrentacar.co.uk/young_driver_under_25.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 11:30
    This seems to be the best out there, you may be able to do it through a cashback company and get up to 15% off
    Yeah have had a quote from them and they aren't tood bad, hadn't thought about trying cashback though so cheers for that! :)

I hired a v6 Le Baron convertible back in the 90s for a Florida holiday.

Spent most of the time with the hood up and the air-con on full 'cos it was so flippin' hot with the rag top down during the day!

I've had Grand Cherokees every time since!

Quote Originally Posted by The Common Blue wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 12:48
    Get one of these or the many other tanks they have to rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 13:12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Common Blue wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 12:48
    Spent most of the time with the hood up and the air-con on full 'cos it was so flippin' hot with the rag top down during the day!
    Yeah I have thought of that issue but we're going in May, I've only ever been to Florida in August so can understand not wanting a conertible then but I'e been told is far more bearable around May time?

In May you will need a car with air conditioning so don't go for too old a model or at least make sure the air conditioning works before you start off. I've had a car out there without air conditioning and it was a nightmare. The car was brand new and got it changed within 24 hours but it was a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 14:07
    In May you will need a car with air conditioning so don't go for too old a model or at least make sure the air conditioning works before you start off. I've had a car out there without air conditioning and it was a nightmare. The car was brand new and got it changed within 24 hours but it was a hassle.
    I'm surprised they even hire cars out these days without it! Will be making sure it has air con either way though, cheers :)

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 14:12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 14:07
    I'm surprised they even hire cars out these days without it! Will be making sure it has air con either way though, cheers :)
    The OP wanted an old original car. On these the air conditioning might not work or might not be that effective. In my case I had a brand new car where, although the car had air conditioning, it didn't work. I've been to Florida 25 times and was last there in May; it was hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 14:39
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 14:12
    The OP wanted an old original car. On these the air conditioning might not work or might not be that effective. In my case I had a brand new car where, although the car had air conditioning, it didn't work. I've been to Florida 25 times and was last there in May; it was hot.
    25 times is a lot!! This will be my 6th or 7th time now and I still can't get enough of the place so I can see why you keep going back!

MAy will be fairly hot, a few thunder showers aswell