+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aliens

Re: Aliens

Maybe the aliens have things like economies and general elections that prevents them doing frivolous stuff like sending probes to every planet. There's a lot of planets, by the way.

Definitely life out there! Isnt there over 150 billion stars that are equal in size to our sun or bigger, that also have any number of planets orbiting them?

It fries my head.

If they did exist and able to visit earth, their technology and communications would be so advanced that dealing with us "humans" would be nigh on impossible. It would be the equivalent of how we treat animals, insects, fish, etc, etc. Completely Irrelevant. The only reason they would want to visit us / or make contact is to extract resources from the planet itself so as they pave a way to nicking our carbon and gold, they crush us like ants merely the way we do digging a hole in the garden and not even noticing the insects getting in the way.

If contact was to be made, how on earth anyone plans to communicate is beyond me. we can't even understand the accents in this country let alone stand a chance of understanding ET's gobble.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 13:51
    If they did exist and able to visit earth, their technology and communications would be so advanced that dealing with us "humans" would be nigh on impossible. It would be the equivalent of how we treat animals, insects, fish, etc, etc. Completely Irrelevant. The only reason they would want to visit us / or make contact is to extract resources from the planet itself so as they pave a way to nicking our carbon and gold, they crush us like ants merely the way we do digging a hole in the garden and not even noticing the insects getting in the way.
    They wouldn't need our planet for resources if they were at that stage, they could however, want it to inhabit themselves.

I never understood why in 'V' or Independence Day did the alien invaders choose Earth. They wanted water which is made from 2 of the most abundant resources found everywhere in the universe and not only that, there is stacks more of the stuff on Saturn and Jupiter than on Earth.

There's a tendency to slip into the 'there are so many planets out there, so there must be intelligent life' mantra, all too easily. Much too much watching Star Trek and listening to scientists who want to justify the billions of dollars/pounds they spend.

Several 'formulae' have been expounded as an approximate likelihood of the number of planets with intelligent life in the universe. The problem is, the tiniest tweak in these formulae and the numbers go from 100,000, to nil.

It's strange how this board is predominately atheist and quite antagonistic towards anyone who talks about religious faith, yet 'faith' is exactly what most are displaying here -

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 14:07
    There's a tendency to slip into the 'there are so many planets out there, so there must be intelligent life' mantra, all too easily. Much too much watching Star Trek and listening to scientists who want to justify the billions of dollars/pounds they spend.
    you mean 1, as the Earth definitely exists

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Frog wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 14:08
    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 14:07
    Several 'formulae' have been expounded as an approximate likelihood of the number of planets with intelligent life in the universe. The problem is, the tiniest tweak in these formulae and the numbers go from 100,000, to nil.
    Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Frog wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 14:07
    I never understood why in 'V' or Independence Day did the alien invaders choose Earth. They wanted water which is made from 2 of the most abundant resources found everywhere in the universe and not only that, there is stacks more of the stuff on Saturn and Jupiter than on Earth.
    There's no film industry on Jupiter or Saturn. Simple.

I would guess there is almost certainly some other form of life out there, the area is just too big not to be.

Whether we've made contact with them or not I would guess not. I doubt any alien that has the ability to get in touch with earth is likely to get in touch with the President and the CIA first so the rest of us knew nothing about them.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 13:38
    Maybe the aliens have things like economies and general elections that prevents them doing frivolous stuff like sending probes to every planet. There's a lot of planets, by the way.
    http://www.centauri-dreams.org/?p=32710

100% yes! Loads of stuff on the net and some excellent TV programs on the subject like 'Alien Files Unsealed', which tells the stories of various UFO and Alien encounters that have happened over the years, the Rendlesham forest incident being one. Plus there are various conspiracy theories that say Aliens are based on the Moon and that's why we haven't been back since 1972. I'm not sure about that one, but I'm 100% sure that we're under surveillance from advanced species, I believe governments know about it, but won't disclose it, as the Human Race isn't probably ready for such shocking news.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 15:21
    I would guess there is almost certainly some other form of life out there, the area is just too big not to be.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2100947/Eisenhower-s ecret-meetings-aliens-pentagon-consultant-claims.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 11:20
    I don't mean like the bug eyed, big headed Aliens from movies and things.
    Without doubt.It's impossible for there not to be.

The world governments have been testing the waters for years, to see our reaction.

One of the most famous quotes, was Ragan.

'I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world'

Problem you got is the God Squad, who are quite rude and arrogant and probably a bit 'specist' on the matter......'Ohh their Demons' etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 12:32
    Does anyone think contact has already been made?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 12:05
    Oh yes. Some post on here.
    thanks ET

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_translator

I absolutely believe... they walk amongst us!

Is that what we would do if we found a primitive life from on another planet that was no threat to us? Seems a bit War Of The Worlds to me. They might just be curious like us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clearly offside wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 18:04
    If contact was to be made, how on earth anyone plans to communicate is beyond me. we can't even understand the accents in this country let alone stand a chance of understanding ET's gobble.
    They are not going to be happy then, Cash for gold has got them all.