+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Category D cars

Category D cars

ive recently been looking for a new car and found some discounted prices due to the category D tag on them. I know what it means and all, the car looks good enough so i was just wondering if anyone has/knows someone who has bought a category D car? any advice or things worth checking? cheers

Re: Category D cars

also on a separate note, would you all trust this dealer http://www.thecarcentreuk.com/ looks fine to me just always need a 2nd opinion in these situations thanks in advance

This question is impossible to answer as the extent of the damage cannot be known. While we know the vehicle in question was written off whose to say it has been repaired appropriately and safely?

Id say your best bet would be to go to coparts and buy one that hasnt been touched since its write off and do the work yourself. At least then you know what the original damage was.

Quote Originally Posted by dave jones attacking sub wrote on Thu, 12 March 2015 12:35
    Id say your best bet would be to go to coparts and buy one that hasnt been touched since its write off and do the work yourself. At least then you know what the original damage was.
    This,

There are Cat D cars and there are Cat D cars and there are good repairs and bad repairs .

If confident in your knowledge of cars , they can offer a cheap alternative . However if your repair knowledge is limited then maybe best avoid .

i bought a cat d bmw M3, being a bmw M3 the repair cost was so high they decided to write it off due to cost of part, labour and respray... it was a dented wing! pretty much anyways....

the seller took pics of the damage, and pics throughout the repair process, and then the finished product, it then had a mechanics certificate to approve the work and repair

was one of the best cars ive ever had

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon wrote on Thu, 12 March 2015 13:08
    i bought a cat d bmw M3, being a bmw M3 the repair cost was so high they decided to write it off due to cost of part, labour and respray... it was a dented wing! pretty much anyways....
    Or two

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough wrote on Thu, 12 March 2015 13:19
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon wrote on Thu, 12 March 2015 13:08
    the seller took pics of the damage, and pics throughout the repair process, and then the finished product, it then had a mechanics certificate to approve the work and repair