+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yousef resigns as First minister

Yousef resigns as First minister

I know it is politics but felt this was better on the main board at least initially.

Humza Yousaf had resigned as 1st minister of Scotland.

Re: Yousef resigns as First minister

Wrong board!

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Wrong board!
    And country!

Impressive speech however naive he seemed to be.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I know it is politics but felt this was better on the main board at least initially.

Out with the rubbish, Drippy, Sturgeon, Yousaf, Boris, Truss, Donaldson all we need now is Khan to go it's been quite a few years.

Lets keep the political crap on one board.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Wrong board!
    Did you read my first paragraph?

Yes I know it is really politics, but sometimes political news is important enough to be on here at least initially.

And as a member of this board since about 2003 I remember the days when there was no alternative forum which I regard as a waste of space except possibly on a temporary basis at election times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lets keep the political crap on one board.
    I have already made my views on this quite plain.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And country!
    The UK is still one country,made up of several constituent countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

Thank goodness for that. An even darker and more bitter person than Sturgeon.

With his pettty hate crime laws and nefarious ways of working his end couldn’t come soon enough. Time for the great Scots to carefully consider their next option. Female, Black, Asian, White male - none of these cosmetic, superficial things matter. As Martin Luther King said: “People need to be judged not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character”. That applies across the board.

Leaders need to be optimists, visionaries. inspiring, organisers, communicators and have an idea of solutions to modern problems. Options?

Gray - no way, a meanish persona

Gilruth - Offputting grunt

Swinney - like most SNP beefheads, a pain in the arse but at least capable and not divisive

Forbes - a bit inexperienced but popular persona

Smart money must surely be on the last two.

With Scottish Labour being useless, bent and mafia like, Scottish Tories weird, this should be a chance for Lib Dems. But as always, a bit like in Wales and England they don’t develop leaders. Nor articulate plans. They seem to be a cabal of pot-heads, sandal wearing institutionalised academics or do-gooders insulated from the real world. As for the Greens, this was supposed to be a serious topic so we’ll park that there. There is always another time for jokes.

Scotland. Once known for the hard working, empire-building entrepreneurial brains of the UK, legends of shipping, global exploring and pioneering banks. Now known for bent politics, fear-mongering, petty bickering and wind farms. One great country gone to the dogs and now struggling to produce a single great politician. That said, not too indifferent to England, but both ahead of Welsh politics.

Across Wales, England and Scorland can I count three superb politicians across all parties? At the moment I cannot think of one. What a sad state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Out with the rubbish, Drippy, Sturgeon, Yousaf, Boris, Truss, Rishi, Donaldson all we need now is Khan to go it's been quite a few years.
    Good post now that I've fixed it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Good post now that I've fixed it.
    He's on his way and probably Rayner too.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Thank goodness for that. An even darker and more bitter person than Sturgeon.

With his pettty hate crime laws and nefarious ways of working his end couldn’t come soon enough. Time for the great Scots to carefully consider their next option. Female, Black, Asian, White male - none of these cosmetic, superficial things matter. As Martin Luther King said: “People need to be judged not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character”. That applies across the board.

Leaders need to be optimists, visionaries. inspiring, organisers, communicators and have an idea of solutions to modern problems. Options?

Gray - no way, a meanish persona

Gilruth - Offputting grunt

Swinney - like most SNP beefheads, a pain in the arse but at least capable and not divisive

Forbes - a bit inexperienced but popular persona

Smart money must surely be on the last two.

With Scottish Labour being useless, bent and mafia like, Scottish Tories weird, this should be a chance for Lib Dems. But as always, a bit like in Wales and England they don’t develop leaders. Nor articulate plans. They seem to be a cabal of pot-heads, sandal wearing institutionalised academics or do-gooders insulated from the real world. As for the Greens, this was supposed to be a serious topic so we’ll park that there. There is always another time for jokes.

Scotland. Once known for the hard working, empire-building entrepreneurial brains of the UK, legends of shipping, global exploring and pioneering banks. Now known for bent politics, fear-mongering, petty bickering and wind farms. One great country gone to the dogs and now struggling to produce a single great politician. That said, not too indifferent to England, but both ahead of Welsh politics.

Across Wales, England and Scorland can I count three superb politicians across all parties? At the moment I cannot think of one. What a sad state of affairs.
    Who is the sexy looking red head from the alba party ?

She would get my vote

Without any evidence to back it up I get the feeling that the SNP's fortunes are on the wane and will be very surprised if their drive for independence gains any traction in the near future. That boat has sailed.

And country!
    Scotland is part of the United Kingdom as is Wales, just incase you were not aware of the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Without any evidence to back it up I get the feeling that the SNP's fortunes are on the wane and will be very surprised if their drive for independence gains any traction in the near future. That boat has sailed.
    I think Alba could hoover up quite a few SNP voters come the next election. Looks like Janette Krankie and Humus Useless have killed the the SNP off as a political force

International

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I think Alba could hoover up quite a few SNP voters come the next election. Looks like Janette Krankie and Humus Useless have killed the the SNP off as a political force
    Got thrown under the bus......... oh hang on... under the motorhome"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Assessing Sturgeon seriously I thought she was a shrewd tactician, a clear visionary, but a poor strategist.

Vision
    ———-
    1. An independent Scotland
    2. Rejoin the European Union.

Strategy / Objectives
    ——————————
    Looking at her visions above…

1. Independence - Brexit made her case for independence more compelling but she made the subject tribal and aggressive, wanting to force a vote on an unwilling UK Parliament and Scottish public. Both were a failure.

2. As a result of failing on vision 1, .2 failed as she could not get the powers to do so.

In my view the EU vision would have come eventually, based on long term patience. Rejoin will happen to the UK in some form by allowing frustration with Conservative failure on Brexit to build up in the rest of UK, and waiting for Labour to return. I have been saying for some 18 months now that Rejoin is increasing in popularity in the polls and it will be too tempting for a Labour politician, with EU instincts, and advised by the heavily pro-EU Blair-Mandelson TBI, to not do so. All the ducks have been lined up for about a year now. In recent weeks we can now see this with Starmer now saying they are working on a customs union plan, which is just the first baby steps.

Sturgeon though she could use Scottish Remain voting block to her advantage. What she failed to spot is that many Remain voters are pro-business, and often Lib Dems, Labour and Conservative. Equally the Brexit SNP vote isn’t trivial. She boxed herself in and pinned all hopes on a strategy of Brexit=Referendum=Independence, pinned her future on it and it failed. A clever strategist wouldn’t commit to such a hard and fast plan without certainty, or allowing enough wiggle room to escape the commitment. When the votes are near 50/50 probability that is not enough margin of error for certainty or to build a plan on, or an entire strategy.

Tactics
    ————
    In killing Lib Dems and Labour to seize control of Scotland she went way beyond what Salmon did. She was highly skilled in killing her opponents in local and national elections and deserves full credit there

She was a legal advocate, not a political stategist. I doubt she devised the strategy. If she was advised on political strategy, the adviser committed a kitten error and deserves to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

She would get my vote
    Have to admit I don’t know anyone from ALBA other than The Salmon. Willing to bet they could pick up a few seats though.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Assessing Sturgeon seriously I thought she was a shrewd tactician, a clear visionary, but a poor strategist.

Vision
    ———-
    1. An independent Scotland
    2. Rejoin the European Union.

Strategy / Objectives
    ——————————
    Looking at her visions above…

1. Independence - Brexit made her case for independence more compelling but she made the subject tribal and aggressive, wanting to force a vote on an unwilling UK Parliament and Scottish public. Both were a failure.

2. As a result of failing on vision 1, .2 failed as she could not get the powers to do so.

In my view the EU vision would have come eventually, based on long term patience. Rejoin will happen to the UK in some form by allowing frustration with Conservative failure on Brexit to build up in the rest of UK, and waiting for Labour to return. I have been saying for some 18 months now that Rejoin is increasing in popularity in the polls and it will be too tempting for a Labour politician, with EU instincts, and advised by the heavily pro-EU Blair-Mandelson TBI, to not do so. All the ducks have been lined up for about a year now. In recent weeks we can now see this with Starmer now saying they are working on a customs union plan, which is just the first baby steps.

Sturgeon though she could use Scottish Remain voting block to her advantage. What she failed to spot is that many Remain voters are pro-business, and often Lib Dems, Labour and Conservative. Equally the Brexit SNP vote isn’t trivial. She boxed herself in and pinned all hopes on a strategy of Brexit=Referendum=Independence, pinned her future on it and it failed. A clever strategist wouldn’t commit to such a hard and fast plan without certainty, or allowing enough wiggle room to escape the commitment. When the votes are near 50/50 probability that is not enough margin of error for certainty or to build a plan on, or an entire strategy.

Tactics
    ————
    In killing Lib Dems and Labour to seize control of Scotland she went way beyond what Salmon did. She was highly skilled in killing her opponents in local and national elections and deserves full credit there

She was a legal advocate, not a political stategist. I doubt she devised the strategy. If she was advised on political strategy, the adviser committed a kitten error and deserves to be fired.
    Good post. You make some very salient points here.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

She would get my vote
    Which is exactly why you will be voting Labour come the next General Election. You will have a love-in with Angela Rayner and tear down your posters of Anvil and Sabbath and have her smug mug plastering your bedroom walls instead. I've know doubt you will be carving into park benches the length and breadth of the Vale of Glamorgan, AR 4 Sludgey

Mods please move.

Mods please move.
    👍👍👍

Mods please move.
    The headline speaks for itself , you don’t have to open the thread.It really is that simple bro.

Humza Useless..