+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comic Relief official thread

Re: Comic Relief official thread

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 13:39
    I disagree with the giving of charity to Africa in any form.
    Have you ever been to Uganda?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 19:29
    Thankfully, no. Do I intend to, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 19:31
    I think that even if the question was aimed at the whole board, the answer would probably be no! have you? Just curious why you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by clearly offside wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 19:39
    I think that even if the question was aimed at the whole board, the answer would probably be no! have you? Just curious why you ask?
    Yes, I have been several times in connection with a small charity based in Wales. I would challenge Der Kaiser to go there and come back with the same attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 22:19
    Yes, I have been several times in connection with a small charity based in Wales. I would challenge Der Kaiser to go there and come back with the same attitude!
    I appreciate that the country has been ravaged, and I don't underestimate how savagely, but do you think that a few shillings from Comic 'Relief' would change the deep rooted mind set of a nation that has endured continual military coups and civil wars?

I'm sorry mate, how many BILLIONS have been given to the various african nations to sort their problems out. Yeah, in some places some problems have been solved, but the reality is for the amount that has been spent nothing has happened. As a unit, the west has simply interfered with African societies natural growth. When europe was growing, did it have another continent throw money at us to help ? No. All the money does is end up filtering into the wrong hands etc, causing the current state to just stay as it is. One day everyone will realise the only to fix Africa is to leave them to their own devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 01:06
    I'm sorry mate, how many BILLIONS have been given to the various african nations to sort their problems out. Yeah, in some places some problems have been solved, but the reality is for the amount that has been spent nothing has happened. As a unit, the west has simply interfered with African societies natural growth. When europe was growing, did it have another continent throw money at us to help ? No. All the money does is end up filtering into the wrong hands etc, causing the current state to just stay as it is. One day everyone will realise the only to fix Africa is to leave them to their own devices.
    We just occupied a third of the world for altruistic purposes.

Biggest pile of w*nk ever. If half of these celebrities who evade tax paid what was due to the exchequer, then charities could be funded.
    Does my nut in that Gary Barlow can have the cheek to ask us plebs to donate when we already pay the highest proportion of tax.I hope the c*nt has to tour the world for the next ten years to pay his bill. Tosser

BTW I'm all for being tax efficient, but pretending to be a 2nd hand car salesman just takes the p*ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 01:06
    I am no apologist for Comic Relief, far from it. The Welsh charity I am connected with which works in Africa (Uganda) is very small, I know the individuals concerned, their admin costs are virtually zero, all transport/accommodation costs are paid by the volunteers themselves and the projects are directly controlled i.e. as NGO's. The difference they make in some of the poorest communities is immense. If you want to make a difference whilst avoiding the mega charities then I can PM you the link.

Sadly Charities like Comic Relief are pissing in the wind. Too much corruption in Africa, means a fair whack that gets donated gets siphoned off before it reaches its intended targets. I'd rather give to African Charities like the Craig Bellamy Foundation than Comic Relief. At least with smaller Charities like Bellamys, the majority of what you donate goes to where you want it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 14:03
    Sadly Charities like Comic Relief are pissing in the wind. Too much corruption in Africa, means a fair whack that gets donated gets siphoned off before it reaches its intended targets. I'd rather give to African Charities like the Craig Bellamy Foundation than Comic Relief. At least with smaller Charities like Bellamys, the majority of what you donate goes to where you want it to go.
    Exactly (i.e. small is beautiful; can't speak for the Bellamy foundation though as I don't know enough about it). But some people use the "corruption" excuse to do nothing. You can't change the world but you can change the world for one person.

Lenny Henry is an inverted racist of the highest order.

A whole career based on 'being black innit' and spends his spare time saying black people are not treated equally.

So try comedy that doesnt rely heavily on your colour, a fake Jamaican accent and your grans caribbean cooking then.

I remember the 'extras' episide where Cheggars and Jervaid slaughtered Henry without even saying his name, genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 15:42
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 14:03
    Exactly (i.e. small is beautiful; can't speak for the Bellamy foundation though as I don't know enough about it). But some people use the "corruption" excuse to do nothing. You can't change the world but you can change the world for one person.
    Yes that's right. Steven Caulker also had his own charity for a cause in Africa (Can't remember what for.), which I more than happily donated to. The likes of Comic Relief won't get a penny out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 18:10
    Lenny Henry is an inverted racist of the highest order.
    Lenny Henry also appeared on The Black and White Minstrel Show. To be fair to Henry, he's always stated that's his biggest regret and coupled with the fact he was only a Teenager at the time you can probably forgive him for it. Don't think he'll ever live that down though.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 09:13
    Biggest pile of w*nk ever. If half of these celebrities who evade tax paid what was due to the exchequer, then charities could be funded.
    Don't forget Bono. These two pop up at every charity event asking us to donate, tearing up at young carers, hungry families living in rank accommodation and the isolated elderly while knowing full well they're partly responsible for each heartbreaking video.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Mon, 16 March 2015 10:59
    Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 09:13
    Does my nut in that Gary Barlow can have the cheek to ask us plebs to donate when we already pay the highest proportion of tax.I hope the c*nt has to tour the world for the next ten years to pay his bill. Tosser
    I wish Bono would donate himself to charity, that way none of us would have to put up with the annoying c*nt ever again