+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homer

Homer

The MB is not an ideal form of communication, because we can't see each other's expressions or hear the tone of our voices. So just like Email our posts can be open to misinterpretation. However, smileys do help a lot in assisting us to express ourselves effectively. But misunderstandings do happen still. I have just been misunderstood in this sense - possibly because I have not been paying enough attention to the way others use Homer. So - to help me, can you tell me what Homer means to you and in what circumstances you use him.

Or you could do the same for other smilies.

Re: Homer

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 12:12
    The MB is not an ideal form of communication, because we can't see each other's expressions or hear the tone of our voices. So just like Email our posts can be open to misinterpretation. However, smileys do help a lot in assisting us to express ourselves effectively. But misunderstandings do happen still. I have just been misunderstood in this sense - possibly because I have not been paying enough attention to the way others use Homer. So - to help me, can you tell me what Homer means to you and in what circumstances you use him.

Is this some sort of clever, wind up that's whooshing right over my head as I type?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 12:20
    Is this some sort of clever, wind up that's whooshing right over my head as I type?

Blog Entries

I didn't misunderstand you, I was checking what you meant before I misunderstood you.

I relate far more to Bart.

When I post something that seems stupid, I use to indicate that I meant it to seem stupid.

Perhaps I should use it more often.

This is a duff thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 12:29

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 12:20
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 12:20

Quote Originally Posted by bobh wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 12:44
    When I post something that seems stupid, I use to indicate that - I meant it to seem stupid.
    I also see him as a bit of a preacher - so I would use him in situations in which I could be construed as preaching - to show people that I know that I could be perceived thus and am not being too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Frog wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 12:54
    This is a duff thread
    To be clear, are you saying that this is a duff thread or that you use homer if you want to say that this is a duff thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 12:55
    Brilliant,I feel like that at times

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 13:19
    This is a duff thread
    To be clear, are you saying that this is a duff thread or that you use homer if you want to say that this is a duff thread.
    There was something definitely wrong with the transporter beam when they sent you down.

When I saw the title and the OP I was expecting a discussion on The Iliad and the Odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 13:32
    When I saw the title and the OP I was expecting a discussion on The Iliad and the Odyssey.
    A bit slow off the blocks, old fruit. You are meant to have read every thread posted this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone Red wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 13:28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 12:55
    Brilliant,I feel like that at times
    Like being pulled through a hedge backwards - but for Homer that's forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Frog wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 13:29
    This is a duff thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 13:19
    There was something definitely wrong with the transporter beam when they sent you down.
    I know - it left me with magical powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 13:21

The word you are looking for is inflection

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 14:39
    Which can be cured with antibiotics.